(no subject)

Aquila Msiza Aquila Msiza

(no subject)

Hi I’m Daniel,

I have been using LibreOffice for a while and would like to contribute towards it reaching as many people as possible. I think awareness of its existence, the values it stands for and what it offers are a good starting point. The whitespace I see in this area are the many non-tech affine guys and gals who don’t know about LibreOffice. Although I’m not a stranger to the technology-world, I myself didn’t know much about LibreOffice until recently when a friend of mine, who studies IT, introduced me to the LibreOffice Suite. (I was contemplating with the idea of buying the Microsoft Suite)

One of the many groups we can target are students. Many students buy the Microsoft Office Suite because they see this as a necessity in order to be able to do their work and are not aware of other alternatives. (or think the alternatives are too difficult to use) Usually for these non-tech affine people it’s “tedious” getting to adjust to new software and therefore they make the ‘simplest’ choice of buying what their already familiar with.

Many don’t know about the LibreOffice option and I can assure you many don’t even need half the capabilities of LibreOffice – not to mention Microsoft Office – to complete their tertiary work.
I think by acquiring and familiarizing  many students while their in universities (maybe expanding later on to schools), their able to accustom themselves to the software very early. Unlike other target groups, students are usually more diverse and interact usually on average with more individuals than other target groups. My point is a product that is free and offers value can start to spread like wild fire.

But for that to happen, first its capabilities and the fact that it exists have to be known.

Amongst many other pros in acquiring this target market, when we can convey our values and visions, such as creating a software free for all [insert values bla bla ]  authentically, we recruit many volunteers, who will be willing to help some-how in the LibreOffice community. I really believe this is true, as they’ll realise the pure value we offer in return for ‘nothing’.

How to get there...

I looked at the different outlets LibreOffice has and  Instagram wasn’t one of them. At the current moment in 2019 to reach the desired group of people and many other groups, we have to look at where the current attention is placed. Instagram and snapchat (not to mention facebook, although the organic reach is decreasing there) is where the attention is. ......

I propose in creating an Instagram account whether we start small ( native to the place i.e LibreOffice_US) or we create an HQ-account
(i.e LibreOffice)

Amongst other proposals is to create a video asking if their having problems paying for their new office suite [bla bla bla]

Onyeibo Oku-3 Onyeibo Oku-3

Re:

Totally Agree!
millions of votes