offline help

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Thomas Blasejewicz-3 Thomas Blasejewicz-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

offline help

Good afternoon
A few days I upgrade my (Windows 10) installation to LibreOffice 6.1.5.2
I also installed the offline help package.

However, when I click on Help, it ALWAYS goes online.

Is there a trick to make the offline help package work?
Thank you
Thomas

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Philip Jackson Philip Jackson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: offline help

Hi :

I've had similar problems with LO Help in the past. Sadly I can't remember the detail of getting it to work but roughly it was linked with getting a correct alignment between the computer's 'system language' and the language settings in LO Options > Language settings

Perhaps you could start with that idea ?
Philip

On 17/05/2019 09:58, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> Good afternoon
> A few days I upgrade my (Windows 10) installation to LibreOffice 6.1.5.2
> I also installed the offline help package.
>
> However, when I click on Help, it ALWAYS goes online.
>
> Is there a trick to make the offline help package work?
> Thank you
> Thomas
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Peter Hillier-Brook Peter Hillier-Brook
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: offline help

On 17/05/2019 11:09, Philip Jackson wrote:

> Hi :
>
> I've had similar problems with LO Help in the past. Sadly I can't
> remember the detail of getting it to work but roughly it was linked with
> getting a correct alignment between the computer's 'system language' and
> the language settings in LO Options > Language settings
>
> Perhaps you could start with that idea ?
> Philip
>
> On 17/05/2019 09:58, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>> Good afternoon
>> A few days I upgrade my (Windows 10) installation to LibreOffice 6.1.5.2
>> I also installed the offline help package.
>>
>> However, when I click on Help, it ALWAYS goes online.
>>
>> Is there a trick to make the offline help package work?

Are you sure it's going on-line and not just displaying in a browser.
The clue is in the address, where the URL begins with "file".

I don't recall when the change occurred, but it's been around for quite
a while.

Peter HB

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Thomas Blasejewicz-3 Thomas Blasejewicz-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: offline help

On 2019/05/17 19:40, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> On 17/05/2019 11:09, Philip Jackson wrote:
> Are you sure it's going on-line and not just displaying in a browser.
You are right: in 6.1.5 the offline help opens using a browser and in  
the URL field it starts with "file ..."

In an 6.0.7 installation on Linux Mint 19, where the offline help works,  
the file opens other than with a browser.

And in the 6.0.7 installation on a Windows 7 Workstation the computer  
tells me
"offline help is not installed"
HOWEVER, I installed both Japanese and English versions, each one alone  
and together,
tried to fiddle with the language setting (currently: interface =  
English, locale = Japanese), but that did not change anything.

This "offline help is not installed" is what I would like to change.
Have not yet had the time to upgrade to 6.1.5, but should it not be  
possible to install the offline help also for 6.0.7?

Thank you.
Thomas

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Peter Hillier-Brook Peter Hillier-Brook
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: offline help

On 21/05/2019 01:31, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> On 2019/05/17 19:40, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>> On 17/05/2019 11:09, Philip Jackson wrote:
>> Are you sure it's going on-line and not just displaying in a browser.
> You are right: in 6.1.5 the offline help opens using a browser and in
> the URL field it starts with "file ..."
>
> In an 6.0.7 installation on Linux Mint 19, where the offline help works,
> the file opens other than with a browser.
>
> And in the 6.0.7 installation on a Windows 7 Workstation the computer
> tells me
> "offline help is not installed"
> HOWEVER, I installed both Japanese and English versions, each one alone
> and together,
> tried to fiddle with the language setting (currently: interface =
> English, locale = Japanese), but that did not change anything.
>
> This "offline help is not installed" is what I would like to change.
> Have not yet had the time to upgrade to 6.1.5, but should it not be
> possible to install the offline help also for 6.0.7?

If you are trying to install the HTML Help from the current version on
to 6.0.7 it cannot work as the older help system cannot recognise the
file type. Any help file you're installing must be from the same release
version. It's worth checking. :-)

Peter HB


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy