override automatic fraction

Eric Beversluis Eric Beversluis

override automatic fraction

I want to enter the date 3/4 into a cell formatted for date. How do I keep it from changing my entry to three-quarters?

Eric Beversluis
Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: override automatic fraction

At 11:14 04/03/2018 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
>I want to enter the date 3/4 into a cell formatted for date. How do
>I keep it from changing my entry to three-quarters?

This may depend on your locale, but try 03/4, 3/04, or even 03/04.

Alternatively, emigrate from the USA and enter 4/3!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: override automatic fraction

Hi Eric,

> I want to enter the date 3/4 into a cell formatted for date. How do I keep it from changing my entry to three-quarters?

Open LO, goto

Tools > Options > Lanuage Settings > Languages > Date acceptance patterns

Here you could enter all you want. But better wuld be the input 3/4/ to
differ from thre-quearters.

Regards

Robert

Philip Jackson Philip Jackson

On 04/03/18 17:14, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> I want to enter the date 3/4 into a cell formatted for date. How do I keep it from changing my entry to three-quarters?
>
> Eric Beversluis
> Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com

Go to Tools > Autocorrect Options .. and delete the 3/4 line (and the
1/4 line as well)

Philip

On 05/03/18 18:35, Eric Beversluis wrote:

> On March 5, 2018 at 12:19:37, Philip Jackson ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> On 04/03/18 17:14, Eric Beversluis wrote:
>>> I want to enter the date 3/4 into a cell formatted for date. How do I keep it from changing
>> my entry to three-quarters?
>>>
>>> Eric Beversluis
>>> Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com
>>>

>> Go to Tools > Autocorrect Options .. and delete the 3/4 line (and the
>> 1/4 line as well)
>>
>> Philip
>>
>> —
>
> Isn’t there a way just to over-rule it once? It’s preferable to have to auto-fraction there as the default. Isn’t  cmd-Z or smething like that supposed to reverse those auto-corrects?

Yes, in my UbuntuStudio with LO 5.1.6.2, CTRL-Z does turn the fraction
displayed into the date display in an appropriately formatted cell. So
this is good for occasional use if you really need to keep the
autocorrect for fractions.

Philip