program will NOT install RE http://www.libreoffice.org/download35/

Darlene Sartore Darlene Sartore

program will NOT install RE http://www.libreoffice.org/download35/

Have tried all morning to install LibreOffice... downloads to Desktop ...
installs gets passed few steps, then gives popup saying to shut down
LibreOffice 3.5...  Nothing is open.. when click OK , installation stops
...  restarted computer... still same...  Downloaded again... still same...
restarted computer... Had Tech access my computer and he got same event...
He had me do the download for portable, that didn't seem to like being on
Desktop... and do NOT have a thumb drive to test it on...... HELP..

Darlene Sartore
land line ... 812-779-3616
cell 812-664-4719

"Ing. Jiří Hladůvka" "Ing. Jiří Hladůvka"

Re: program will NOT install RE http://www.libreoffice.org/download35/

Dne 20.2.2012 18:33, Darlene Sartore napsal(a):

> Have tried all morning to install LibreOffice... downloads to Desktop ...
> installs gets passed few steps, then gives popup saying to shut down
> LibreOffice 3.5...  Nothing is open.. when click OK , installation stops
> ...  restarted computer... still same...  Downloaded again... still same...
> restarted computer... Had Tech access my computer and he got same event...
> He had me do the download for portable, that didn't seem to like being on
> Desktop... and do NOT have a thumb drive to test it on...... HELP..
>
> Darlene Sartore
> land line ... 812-779-3616
> cell 812-664-4719

if running Windows :
- right click on the taskbar > Task manager > processes
- check if any process related to LibO is running (like soffice.exe,
soffice.bin) and stop them
- try the installation again

If you have installed the portable version and want to have it on your
desktop
just copy the whole folder somewhere to the harddisk C: or D:
Then adjust the association of odf files to the proper LibO .exe files
(D:\LibreOffice 3.4\program\swriter.exe, scalc.exe ...)

Best regards,
Jiri

--
Ing. Jiří Hladůvka - REVIDA

http://www.revida.sk
mailto:[hidden email]

Jay Lozier Jay Lozier

Re: program will NOT install RE http://www.libreoffice.org/download35/

Darlene

Windows? Is an older version of LO or OOo installed?

--
Jay Lozier

Dag Wieers Dag Wieers

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Darlene Sartore wrote:

> Have tried all morning to install LibreOffice... downloads to Desktop ...
> installs gets passed few steps, then gives popup saying to shut down
> LibreOffice 3.5...  Nothing is open.. when click OK , installation stops
> ...  restarted computer... still same...  Downloaded again... still same...
> restarted computer... Had Tech access my computer and he got same event...
> He had me do the download for portable, that didn't seem to like being on
> Desktop... and do NOT have a thumb drive to test it on...... HELP..

It is a known problem, you have to uninstall the older version on your
system, or update it to 3.4.5 before you can upgrade to 3.5.0.

It was mentioned in the release notes (at the end):

     http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-5-new-features-and-fixes/

Sorry for the inconvenience,
--
-- dag wieers, [hidden email], http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, [hidden email], http://dagit.net/

James Knott James Knott

Darlene Sartore wrote:

> Have tried all morning to install LibreOffice... downloads to Desktop ...
> installs gets passed few steps, then gives popup saying to shut down
> LibreOffice 3.5...  Nothing is open.. when click OK , installation stops
> ...  restarted computer... still same...  Downloaded again... still same...
> restarted computer... Had Tech access my computer and he got same event...
> He had me do the download for portable, that didn't seem to like being on
> Desktop... and do NOT have a thumb drive to test it on...... HELP..
>
> Darlene Sartore
> land line ... 812-779-3616
> cell 812-664-4719

Did you have an earlier version installed?  If so, the quick starter may
be running.  It has to be closed too.