questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

LORENZO Vincent LORENZO Vincent

questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

Hello everybody,

                I’m using several jar available on https://mvnrepository.com. These jars are tagged as 5.4.2 and I use them to create document with LibreOffice 6.0.2.1.

The used jars:

juh-5.4.2.jar

jurt-5.4.2.jar

ridl-5.4.2.jar

unoil-5.4.2.jar

unoloader-5.4.2.jar

1.       Do you think I will get trouble in this configuration ? Should I use LibreOffice 5.4.2 instead of 6.0.x ?

2.       Do you know how I can find these jars in a newer version ? I can’t found more recent ones.

Vincent LORENZO

01-69-08-17-24

CEA Saclay Nano-INNOV

Institut CARNOT CEA LIST

Point Courrier n° 174

91 191 Gif sur Yvette CEDEX

Miklos Vajna-6 Miklos Vajna-6

Re: questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

Hi Vincent,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:46:36AM +0000, LORENZO Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1.       Do you think I will get trouble in this configuration ? Should I use LibreOffice 5.4.2 instead of 6.0.x ?

Most probably you won't get into trouble, changes to the UNO API are
kept to a minimum. So if you build against older UNO API and use a newer
LibreOffice, it should be mostly fine.

> 2.       Do you know how I can find these jars in a newer version ? I can't found more recent ones.

Either build the code yourself (this is the dev list after all) or just
extract them from a TDF-provided binary.

Regards,

Miklos

LORENZO Vincent LORENZO Vincent

RE: questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

Hello Miklos,
        Thank you for your answer.
        Yes, of course, I could compile it myself, but I would prefer avoid this step  :-).
I think I understood, but please, could you explicit what means TDF ?

Vincent Lorenzo

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:46:36AM +0000, LORENZO Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1.       Do you think I will get trouble in this configuration ? Should I use LibreOffice 5.4.2 instead of 6.0.x ?

Most probably you won't get into trouble, changes to the UNO API are kept to a minimum. So if you build against older UNO API and use a newer LibreOffice, it should be mostly fine.

> 2.       Do you know how I can find these jars in a newer version ? I can't found more recent ones.

Either build the code yourself (this is the dev list after all) or just extract them from a TDF-provided binary.

Regards,

Miklos
Thorsten Behrens-6 Thorsten Behrens-6

Re: questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

Hi Lorenzo,

LORENZO Vincent wrote:
> Yes, of course, I could compile it myself, but I would prefer avoid this step  :-).

Seems the maven repo got updated with the latest jars - e.g.
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.libreoffice/jurt lists versions
up to and including 6.2

HTH,

-- Thorsten

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment
sophie sophie

Le 08/04/2019 à 09:31, LORENZO Vincent a écrit :
> Hello Miklos,
> Thank you for your answer.
> Yes, of course, I could compile it myself, but I would prefer avoid this step  :-).
> I think I understood, but please, could you explicit what means TDF ?

TDF stands for The Document Foundation, the foundation behind LibreOffice.
Kind regards
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
LORENZO Vincent LORENZO Vincent

RE: questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

Hello Sophi,
        I thank you for your answer.

/Vincent

Le 08/04/2019 à 09:31, LORENZO Vincent a écrit :
> Hello Miklos,
> Thank you for your answer.
> Yes, of course, I could compile it myself, but I would prefer avoid this step  :-).
> I think I understood, but please, could you explicit what means TDF ?

TDF stands for The Document Foundation, the foundation behind LibreOffice.
Kind regards
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation
LORENZO Vincent LORENZO Vincent

RE: questions about LibreOffice API version and jars available on https://mvnrepository.com

Hello everybody,
        Sorry for my long answer delay. Indeed now all versions of the libraries I need have been pushed!
I thank you everybody and mainly the people who did it.

Vincent