"Add to dictionary" doesn't work

John-11 John-11

"Add to dictionary" doesn't work

Running LO 6.1.3.2 on Fedora 28 workstation.

I am editing a number of technical documents which include words not in the
Libre Office dictionary so when I encounter them I click "add to dictionary".

That works fine so long as the current file is open but as soon as I close the
file the dictionary forgets about the words that I have added and the next
document shows all the technical words as spelling errors.

Is this a known error?

Regards,

John

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: "Add to dictionary" doesn't work

Tools > Options > Language settings > Writing Aides. Under User-defined
dictionaries, click New. Name your new dictionary. You do not have to
select a language for this dictionary unless necessary. [All] will work
in all languages. Click OK.

Now when you right click on a new technical term, you again click "Add
to Dictionary". This time you will see a list of dictionaries including
the one you created. Click it to add the term to you new dictionary.

Dan

On 4/19/19 2:51 PM, John wrote:

> Running LO 6.1.3.2 on Fedora 28 workstation.
>
> I am editing a number of technical documents which include words not in the
> Libre Office dictionary so when I encounter them I click "add to dictionary".
>
> That works fine so long as the current file is open but as soon as I close the
> file the dictionary forgets about the words that I have added and the next
> document shows all the technical words as spelling errors.
>
> Is this a known error?
>
> Regards,
>
> John

John-11 John-11

Re: "Add to dictionary" doesn't work

Thanks worked perfectly.

Interestingly, when I add a word to the standard dictionary now it also sticks
over restarts.

Thanks again.

John

Ianseeks-2 Ianseeks-2

On Friday, 19 April 2019 19:51:44 BST John wrote:

> Running LO 6.1.3.2 on Fedora 28 workstation.
>
> I am editing a number of technical documents which include words not in the
> Libre Office dictionary so when I encounter them I click "add to dictionary".
>
> That works fine so long as the current file is open but as soon as I close the
> file the dictionary forgets about the words that I have added and the next
> document shows all the technical words as spelling errors.
>
> Is this a known error?
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Hi,

Seems to be the same in V 6.2.2.2

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20190415
Qt: 5.12.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.56.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.15.4 - kwin 5.15.4