"Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

suokunlong suokunlong

"Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

Hi,

By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This is
OK for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when twitter
is blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will cause
problem to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for the
tweets).

Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with
other social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina Weibo)?
Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us" area?

Thanks and best regards,

Kevin Suo

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: "Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

Hello Kevin,

We did not think of it but why not? It is a great idea! It was a pain to integrate the feeds though, Christian Lohmaier can help you with this.

Best,

Charles.

On 30 juin 2014 05:21:48 CEST, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This is
>
>OK for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when
>twitter
>is blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will cause
>problem to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for the
>tweets).
>
>Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with
>other social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina Weibo)?
>Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us" area?
>
>Thanks and best regards,
>
>Kevin Suo
>
>--
>deleted

suokunlong suokunlong

Re: "Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

Thanks Charles.@Christian Lohmaier please help then, what should I do to make
      this feature possible?And I do see from here:http://www.libreoffice.org/themes/libreofficenew/css/font-awesome.min.css?m=1389089681there is "fa-weibo", "fa-renren"....so maybe "Sina Weibo" is already supported by silverstripe?Kevin Suo
From:Charles-h. [hidden email]:2014-06-30 15:02 +0800To:锁琨珑, Libreoffice WebsiteSubject:Re: [libreoffice-website] "Follow Us" and "Latest
      Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

Hello Kevin,

We did not think of it but why not? It is a great idea!
      It was a pain to integrate the feeds though, Christian Lohmaier
      can help you with this.

Best,

Charles.
On 30 juin 2014 05:21:48 CEST, Kevin [hidden email]:Hi,

By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This is
OK for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when twitter
is blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will cause
problem to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for the
tweets).

Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with
other social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina Weibo)?
Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us" area?

Thanks and best regards,

Kevin Suo
--Envoyé de mon téléphone avec Kaiten Mail. Excusez la brièveté.
krackedpress krackedpress

Re: "Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

I see several Facebook pages for LibreOffice, when I use that as a
search term.  What it the URL of the LO/TDF official Facebook page for
LO and its users?

I just started to get into Facebook, since if I am not my high school
class mates tell me they cannot find me for the latest reunion and
things like that.  SO, I am not an avid Facebook user.

I think I might have a Twitter account, but I do not remember using it.
Would rather deal with one social media site at a time.  So, it would be
nice to know/see the official Facebook page[s] for TDF and/or LO.

On 06/30/2014 03:02 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Hello Kevin,
>
> We did not think of it but why not? It is a great idea! It was a pain to integrate the feeds though, Christian Lohmaier can help you with this.
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>
> On 30 juin 2014 05:21:48 CEST, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This is
>>
>> OK for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when
>> twitter
>> is blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will cause
>> problem to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for the
>> tweets).
>>
>> Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with
>> other social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina Weibo)?
>> Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us" area?
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>>
>> Kevin Suo

>> deleted

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: "Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

Www.Facebook.com/libreoffice

Best,

Charles.
Ps:we do have a less active tdf group as well.

On 1 juillet 2014 13:46:26 CEST, Kracked_P_P---webmaster <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I see several Facebook pages for LibreOffice, when I use that as a
>search term.  What it the URL of the LO/TDF official Facebook page for
>LO and its users?
>
>I just started to get into Facebook, since if I am not my high school
>class mates tell me they cannot find me for the latest reunion and
>things like that.  SO, I am not an avid Facebook user.
>
>I think I might have a Twitter account, but I do not remember using it.
>
>Would rather deal with one social media site at a time.  So, it would
>be
>nice to know/see the official Facebook page[s] for TDF and/or LO.
>
>On 06/30/2014 03:02 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
>> Hello Kevin,
>>
>> We did not think of it but why not? It is a great idea! It was a pain
>to integrate the feeds though, Christian Lohmaier can help you with
>this.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Charles.
>>
>> On 30 juin 2014 05:21:48 CEST, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This
>is
>>>
>>> OK for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when
>>> twitter
>>> is blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will
>cause
>>> problem to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for
>the
>>> tweets).
>>>
>>> Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with
>>> other social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina
>Weibo)?
>>> Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us"
>area?
>>>
>>> Thanks and best regards,
>>>
>>> Kevin Suo
>>>
>>> --
>>> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
>be
>>> deleted
>

>--
>deleted

Re: "Follow Us" and "Latest Tweets": Option to add or replace with other social media

Hi Kevin, *,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> By default, the new website shows "Latest Tweets" from twitter. This is OK
> for english website, but for other sub-sites like zh-cn, when twitter is
> blocked along with facebook and many other websites, it will cause problem
> to load those tweets (your browser just freeze waiting for the tweets).

Ah, sad to hear.

> Is there an option for sub-sites to replace the "Latest Tweets" with other
> social media contents (for example, in China we have Sina Weibo)?
> Also, is there an option to add other social media to "Follow Us" area?

Currently there's no way to add specific other social-media to the
site, but I can disable the twitter feeds for the chinese site at
least and did so just now.

The biggest problem of offering configuration for the tweets for
example is that twitter hides their api behind a forced login. As
someone not using twitter, you don't see what is needed to embed a
feed...

But having this configurable was requested before as well, but esp.
for chinese media, I have no idea what needs to be done to embed it...
So you would need to provide me with the necessary html (and css),
then I can integrate it.

The font mentioned in the other comment is just used for the
icons/graphics - that alone only provides a logo, but no feature to
integrate the content of those sites into the website.

http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

ciao
Christian