"Socket Creation Error" in LibO 3.6.2.1 RC 1

Steven Shelton Steven Shelton

"Socket Creation Error" in LibO 3.6.2.1 RC 1

Installed the latest RC of LibO and tried to connect to a HSQL database
I use with the Java DBC. This works fine in LibO 3.4 and 3.5, but with
the RC I get a "Socket creation error".

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I may have done inadvertently.

Anyone know if this is a bug, or have a suggestion for fixing it? I'm on
Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

Thanks!

--
Steven Shelton

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: "Socket Creation Error" in LibO 3.6.2.1 RC 1

On 09/18/2012 02:48 PM, Steven Shelton wrote:

> Installed the latest RC of LibO and tried to connect to a HSQL database
> I use with the Java DBC. This works fine in LibO 3.4 and 3.5, but with
> the RC I get a "Socket creation error".
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I may have done inadvertently.
>
> Anyone know if this is a bug, or have a suggestion for fixing it? I'm on
> Windows XP Pro 32-bit.
>
> Thanks!
      I have a hsql database with a Base file (.odb) I use to connect to
the database. I can open this Base file using LO 3.4.6, AOO 3.4.1, and
LO 3.6.1.2. I have HSQLDB folder in /usr/local. (Ubuntu 11.10).
      It is possible that this is a bug that has crept into the code for
some reason. You might want to file a bug report.
      I'm using JRE 6-24. JRE 7.-x might not work with LO 3.6.2.1 RC1.
Have you checked to see what is listed in the Class Path for Java?
(Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> JAVA) What Java is listed as
installed on your computer?

--Dan

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: "Socket Creation Error" in LibO 3.6.2.1 RC 1

I get a socket creation error on a Windows machine where the HSQLDB with the wrong IP address in the config file.