"/" character disappears in Writer

txemaclon txemaclon

"/" character disappears in Writer

Hello,
This is my first post, so greetings to everyone.
After a lot of years using Microsoft products, i recently moved to Linux
Mint and also to Libreoffice.
I find a little problem using Writer. When i type "/" into a filesystem path
(example: /home/user/....) it disappears and the characters change tu
italics.
How could i change this behavior? (I could not find it at "options", either
searching at this forum).
Regards;

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: "/" character disappears in Writer

txemaclon wrote

> Hello,
> This is my first post, so greetings to everyone.
> After a lot of years using Microsoft products, i recently moved to Linux
> Mint and also to Libreoffice.
> I find a little problem using Writer. When i type "/" into a filesystem
> path
> (example: /home/user/....) it disappears and the characters change tu
> italics.
> How could i change this behavior? (I could not find it at "options",
> either
> searching at this forum).
> Regards;

You will find that in Tools -> AutoCorrect -> AutoCorrect Options
on the Options tab two check boxes (M - while modifying, T - while typing)
for the stanza "Automatic *bold*,/ italic/,- strikeout-,_underline_"

Just uncheck, and OK to apply. Remember to revert if you need the feature
otherwise.

Stuart

Chuck Stuettgen Chuck Stuettgen

Re: "/" character disappears in Writer

Thank you. That's been bugging me for a while, too.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, 9:14 AM V Stuart Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:

> txemaclon wrote
> > Hello,
> > This is my first post, so greetings to everyone.
> > After a lot of years using Microsoft products, i recently moved to Linux
> > Mint and also to Libreoffice.
> > I find a little problem using Writer. When i type "/" into a filesystem
> > path
> > (example: /home/user/....) it disappears and the characters change tu
> > italics.
> > How could i change this behavior? (I could not find it at "options",
> > either
> > searching at this forum).
> > Regards;
>
> You will find that in Tools -> AutoCorrect -> AutoCorrect Options
> on the Options tab two check boxes (M - while modifying, T - while typing)
> for the stanza "Automatic *bold*,/ italic/,- strikeout-,_underline_"
>
> Just uncheck, and OK to apply. Remember to revert if you need the feature
> otherwise.
>
> Stuart
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

txemaclon txemaclon

Re: "/" character disappears in Writer

Luuk Luuk

On 21-6-2019 16:12, V Stuart Foote wrote:

> txemaclon wrote
>> Hello,
>> This is my first post, so greetings to everyone.
>> After a lot of years using Microsoft products, i recently moved to Linux
>> Mint and also to Libreoffice.
>> I find a little problem using Writer. When i type "/" into a filesystem
>> path
>> (example: /home/user/....) it disappears and the characters change tu
>> italics.
>> How could i change this behavior? (I could not find it at "options",
>> either
>> searching at this forum).
>> Regards;
> You will find that in Tools -> AutoCorrect -> AutoCorrect Options
> on the Options tab two check boxes (M - while modifying, T - while typing)
> for the stanza "Automatic *bold*,/ italic/,- strikeout-,_underline_"
>
> Just uncheck, and OK to apply. Remember to revert if you need the feature
> otherwise.

I did not know this 'feature' existed, so i uncheck it!

Now i need to find a way to know that i should uncheck this when there
is a need to reset my userprofile
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile)

> Stuart
>

> --