recovery problems

pete nikolic pete nikolic

recovery problems

Hi folks

having issues with  libreoffice

It was working fine  type a letter in printed it out saved closed   no problem .

Came to write another letter 2 weeks later it some up with the file recovery
dialoge  click ok it goes away  comes to the next recovery window  filename
tell it to carry on  it returns to the previous window  . i have tried
uninstalling it  "pacman -R libreoffice " then reinstalled still the same

i need this to work i have a lot of thigs to sort out  and it is making life
that was already difficult even harder

 running on Arch Linux
Version: 6.4.5.2
Build ID: 6.4.5-2
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: kf5;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
Calc: threaded

Thanks  Pete .

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: recovery problems

Hi Pete,

most of the problems are in the user-folder. Hope you haven't used much
there. You could do this:

Close LO.
Look for .config/libreoffice/4
(Your system is a Linux system - I'm also working with KDE here and hope
it is the same folder ...)
It is a hidden folder in your home directory.
Rename '4' to '4old'.
Restart LO.

Switch to Tools → Options for input user defined data if necessary
(Name, Address, EMail for letters for example).

All you have done before in this folder could be moved from the '4old'
folder to the new '4' folder. But: if you move too much it could be you
move also the bug in the folder ...

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: recovery problems

First of all, you should first open LibreOffice again. This time instead
of clicking OK to file recovery, Click Cancel. There is something wrong
with the last saved version of a document. When clicking Cancel, that
version is deleted by LibreOffice. This may solve by itself. Otherwise
you may need to close LibreOffice and then go to the configuration files
found in /home/(your user name)/.config/libreoffice/4/. There you should
find a folder named User. It contains all of the configurations files.
Rename this folder this folder and restart LIbreOffice which will create
a new User folder. At this point, you should use Tools > Options to
change any of the configurations you had earlier set here since deleting
the User folder also deleted them.

Dan

On 7/15/20 10:01, pete wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> having issues with  libreoffice
>
> It was working fine  type a letter in printed it out saved closed   no problem .
>
> Came to write another letter 2 weeks later it some up with the file recovery
> dialoge  click ok it goes away  comes to the next recovery window  filename
> tell it to carry on  it returns to the previous window  . i have tried
> uninstalling it  "pacman -R libreoffice " then reinstalled still the same
>
> i need this to work i have a lot of thigs to sort out  and it is making life
> that was already difficult even harder
>

>   running on Arch Linux
> Version: 6.4.5.2
> Build ID: 6.4.5-2
> CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: kf5;
> Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
> Calc: threaded
>

> Thanks  Pete .

pete nikolic pete nikolic

Re: recovery problems

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 10:41:02 -0400
Dan Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> First of all, you should first open LibreOffice again. This time instead
> of clicking OK to file recovery, Click Cancel. There is something wrong
> with the last saved version of a document. When clicking Cancel, that
> version is deleted by LibreOffice. This may solve by itself. Otherwise
> you may need to close LibreOffice and then go to the configuration files
> found in /home/(your user name)/.config/libreoffice/4/. There you should
> find a folder named User. It contains all of the configurations files.
> Rename this folder this folder and restart LIbreOffice which will create
> a new User folder. At this point, you should use Tools > Options to
> change any of the configurations you had earlier set here since deleting
> the User folder also deleted them.
>
> Dan
>
> On 7/15/20 10:01, pete wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > having issues with  libreoffice
> >
> > It was working fine  type a letter in printed it out saved closed   no
> > problem .
> >
> > Came to write another letter 2 weeks later it some up with the file recovery
> > dialoge  click ok it goes away  comes to the next recovery window  filename
> > tell it to carry on  it returns to the previous window  . i have tried
> > uninstalling it  "pacman -R libreoffice " then reinstalled still the same
> >
> > i need this to work i have a lot of thigs to sort out  and it is making life
> > that was already difficult even harder
> >

> >   running on Arch Linux
> > Version: 6.4.5.2
> > Build ID: 6.4.5-2
> > CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: kf5;
> > Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
> > Calc: threaded
> >

> > Thanks  Pete .

Hi Thanks

But i have already tried that  several times  when i try to open an existing
document  i get a window open up saying libreoffice has crashed  do you want to
recover the document  it does NOT have a cancel button only an OK button .

This is what i get  when started from an terminal .

 libreoffice
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 472, resource id:
 0, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 152 (Unknown), sequence: 1332, resource
 id: 0, major code: 143 (Unknown), minor code: 2
QPaintDevice: Cannot destroy paint device that is being painted
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 472, resource id:
 0, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 152 (Unknown), sequence: 2141, resource
 id: 0, major code: 143 (Unknown), minor code: 2
window == 0 passed.
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 152 (Unknown), sequence: 2809, resource
id: 0, major code: 143 (Unknown), minor code: 2

Pete