rediscovered: missing writer documentation

Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

rediscovered: missing writer documentation

So, I found some old class diagrams for writer which I think I got from
khz who I think got them from jp. They're drawn on some printouts which
have a 1998 date on them. Coffee ring around SwClient is probably not
significant. http://blogs.linux.ie/caolan/files/2012/07/writer.pdf

C.

Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

Re: rediscovered: missing writer documentation

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 21:59 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> So, I found some old class diagrams for writer which I think I got from
> khz who I think got them from jp. They're drawn on some printouts which
> have a 1998 date on them. Coffee ring around SwClient is probably not
> significant. http://blogs.linux.ie/caolan/files/2012/07/writer.pdf

        Fun ! :-) We just need some artist to turn them into something
beautiful and electronic I guess.

        Good find,

                Michael.

Philipp Riemer Philipp Riemer

Re: rediscovered: missing writer documentation

I am currently working on a simple DOT representation... Seams to be
trickier than expected.

What would be in your eyes the best kind of visualization? Classical
UML class diagrams?

-- Philipp

On Thu, 2012-07-05 at 12:27 +0200, Philipp Riemer wrote:
> I am currently working on a simple DOT representation... Seams to be
> trickier than expected.
>
> What would be in your eyes the best kind of visualization? Classical
> UML class diagrams?

        That's totally unclear to me ;-) I'm none the wiser having read the UML
distilled book though, so whatever makes the structure and relationships
most obvious I suppose :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.

David Tardon David Tardon

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 10:36:59AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 21:59 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > So, I found some old class diagrams for writer which I think I got from
> > khz who I think got them from jp. They're drawn on some printouts which
> > have a 1998 date on them. Coffee ring around SwClient is probably not
> > significant.

I really should buy a teaproof keyboard...

> > http://blogs.linux.ie/caolan/files/2012/07/writer.pdf
>
> Fun ! :-) We just need some artist to turn them into something
> beautiful and electronic I guess.

I think it has already been done:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer_Core_And_Layout#Some_UML_Diagrams

D.

2012/7/5 David Tardon <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 10:36:59AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 21:59 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
>> > So, I found some old class diagrams for writer which I think I got from
>> > khz who I think got them from jp. They're drawn on some printouts which
>> > have a 1998 date on them. Coffee ring around SwClient is probably not
>> > significant.
>
> I really should buy a teaproof keyboard...
>
>> > http://blogs.linux.ie/caolan/files/2012/07/writer.pdf
>>
>>       Fun ! :-) We just need some artist to turn them into something
>> beautiful and electronic I guess.
>
> I think it has already been done:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer_Core_And_Layout#Some_UML_Diagrams
>
> D.

Jep, seems as if you're right. So I'll stop my current work on a
graphical representation.

-- Philipp
italovignoli italovignoli

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Fun ! :-) We just need some artist to turn them into something
> beautiful and electronic I guess.

I have an idea to leverage the document for a LibreOffice Story which
connects 1998 to 2012, and introduces LibreOffice 3.6. It would be nice
to find some other LO paraphernalia, from the early conferences. I have
something in my archive, but others might have additional stuff.

--
Italo Vignoli - [hidden email]
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP [hidden email]
Director - The Document Foundation
Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Italo Vignoli wrote:
> I have an idea to leverage the document for a LibreOffice Story which
> connects 1998 to 2012, and introduces LibreOffice 3.6. It would be nice
> to find some other LO paraphernalia, from the early conferences. I have
> something in my archive, but others might have additional stuff.

Have some SO 4.0/5.1/5.2/6.0 and the odd StarMedia cliparts
collection CDs around + boxes - can mail you pictures. :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

[slightly OT] Re: rediscovered: missing writer documentation

Hi Thorsten, all!

Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2012, 19:42 +0200 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
> Italo Vignoli wrote:
> > I have an idea to leverage the document for a LibreOffice Story which
> > connects 1998 to 2012, and introduces LibreOffice 3.6. It would be nice
> > to find some other LO paraphernalia, from the early conferences. I have
> > something in my archive, but others might have additional stuff.
> >
> Have some SO 4.0/5.1/5.2/6.0 and the odd StarMedia cliparts
> collection CDs around + boxes - can mail you pictures. :)

If one needs additional pictures, I still have some older pre-StarOffice
software boxes from DOS times:
http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.de/2010/09/stuff-on-shelf.html

Cheers,
Christoph

italovignoli italovignoli

Re: [slightly OT] Re: rediscovered: missing writer documentation

Christoph Noack wrote:

>>> I have an idea to leverage the document for a LibreOffice Story which
>>> connects 1998 to 2012, and introduces LibreOffice 3.6. It would be nice
>>> to find some other LO paraphernalia, from the early conferences. I have
>>> something in my archive, but others might have additional stuff.
>>>
>> Have some SO 4.0/5.1/5.2/6.0 and the odd StarMedia cliparts
>> collection CDs around + boxes - can mail you pictures. :)
>
> If one needs additional pictures, I still have some older pre-StarOffice
> software boxes from DOS times:
> http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.de/2010/09/stuff-on-shelf.html

More than pictures of old products, I look for old pictures of people
who show that TDF project members were there before - or at the same
time - of Apache OO members, or paraphernalia like Caolan's paper.

--
Italo Vignoli - [hidden email]
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP [hidden email]
skype italovignoli - gtalk [hidden email]
Italo Vignoli
Director - The Document Foundation
Cedric Bosdonnat Cedric Bosdonnat

Re: [slightly OT] Re: rediscovered: missing writer documentation

Hi Italo,

On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 00:28 +0200, Italo Vignoli wrote:
> More than pictures of old products, I look for old pictures of people
> who show that TDF project members were there before - or at the same
> time - of Apache OO members, or paraphernalia like Caolan's paper.

Hum... Would the Writer and Calc team easter eggs from old OOo versions
fit?

--
Cedric