saving when nothing to save

bjlockie bjlockie

saving when nothing to save

Control-s saves the document even when there is nothing new to save.
I think it disabled the save when there was nothing to do.
Was this changed or is a regression bug in Calc?

Calc
Version: 6.0.3.2
Build ID: 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); Calc: group

libreoffice-ml.mbourne libreoffice-ml.mbourne

Re: saving when nothing to save

James wrote:
> Control-s saves the document even when there is nothing new to save.
> I think it disabled the save when there was nothing to do.
> Was this changed or is a regression bug in Calc?

I think it was an intentional change. There was previously an option to
always allow saving even if no changes had been made, but the default
was, as you recall, that saving was only enabled if changes had been
made. From release notes, it looks like that option was removed in
LibreOffice 5.1 (at least, I think this is referring to the same option):

<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.1>

--
Mark.