sourceforge hijack libreoffice page?

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan

sourceforge hijack libreoffice page?

Hi Libreoffice developers,

I was reading news about Sourceforge is hijacking nmap page in Sourceforge.

When I listed the page owned by user sf-editor1, it looks like LibreOffice page and installer was also hijacked.

Are you aware of this?

Thanks

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/194
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libreoffice.mirror/
http://sourceforge.net/u/sf-editor1/profile/

--
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan

Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis

Re: sourceforge hijack libreoffice page?

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Libreoffice developers,

I was reading news about Sourceforge is hijacking nmap page in Sourceforge.

When I listed the page owned by user sf-editor1, it looks like LibreOffice page and installer was also hijacked.

And Sourceforge staff actively add installation packages to the download page at

those third-party offers are now "opt-in".
Still, their actions do not justify confidence.

There are about 300-400 downloads for the latest version.

It makes sense to
1. Reclaim the LibreOffice project on SourceForge so that it no longer belongs to "sf-editor1".
2. Properly decommission the SourceForge project page.

Simos

Wols Lists Wols Lists

On 03/06/15 12:14, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
>
>     Hi Libreoffice developers,
>
>     I was reading news about Sourceforge is hijacking nmap page in
>     Sourceforge.
>
>     When I listed the page owned by user sf-editor1, it looks like
>     LibreOffice page and installer was also hijacked.
>

> And Sourceforge staff actively add installation packages to the download
> page at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libreoffice.mirror/files/

There's an article on lwn about gimp being hi-jacked.

My experience with downloading a package called Alcohol from its
official site makes me very suspicious of all this ... :-(

Cheers,
Wol