[steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board of Directors

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

[steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board of Directors

 I thereby announce my candidacy for a Board of Directors seat at the
Document Foundation

My name is Olivier Hallot, I am a 53 old electronic engineer living in Rio
de Janeiro, Brazil. I am a former researcher and executive of IBM and
Oracle. I am involved with open source software since 2001, where I started
working into the translation of OpenOffice.org for Brazilian Portuguese. I
am a former member of the OpenOffice.org Community Council and founder of
The Document Foundation, as well as a member of the Steering Committee.
Today I am working as consultant in a large LibreOffice deployment project
in a Brazilian enterprise and I am advising several LibreOffice projects and
initiatives in Brazil.

My Document Foundation resumé

Since early 2010 I got involved into the design and birth of the Document
Foundation and I became member of the Steering Committee since the
beginning. During the last 12 month I have been participating into the
decisions of the SC and I worked to allocate as much Brazilian resources as
I could to TDF. I still hold the position of translator for Brazilian
Portuguese (a market place well above one million users) and I have
contributed into several bug reports and features lists necessary for large
enterprise deployments. I also did some bug fixing directly into the code,
less than I would like to, but time is short and the matter is complex. I
have used my professional connections to leverage LibreOffice and TDF in
many public companies and in government and I am actively pursuing the goal
to increase the number of contributors to LO development.

Why am I applying for the BoD?

After one year of existence, the enormous amount of TDF members energy and
sharp professionalism lead us to great achievements. We rock. The road ahead
however seems to be another challenge for the Foundation: Secure the
positions already obtained and move to address the needs of the multiple
faces of the community, from individuals to enterprises, while understanding
the marketplaces forces that will drive TDF ahead. Of great importance, it
will be necessary to design and implement the correct business model for the
Foundation sustainability and LibreOffice evolution. These are fields I am
willing to contribute with my industry experience, connections and personal
energy.

I am available for further questions.

Kind regards

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder and Steering Commitee Member

Jomar Silva Jomar Silva

Res: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board of Directors

Excellent, Olivier !

I truly believe that you are a key person in LO development and adoption in Brazil, and I support your candidacy.

Best,

Jomar

de-jourdain de-jourdain

Re: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board of Directors

Hi Olivier,

I recognize you as an important person for the propagation of LibreOffice,
specially in Brazil, for your performance inside and outside of TDF.

You never refused to perform you role as a member from TDF, neither to
promote LibreOffice in all possible instances.

You got my vote, dude! ;-)

Best,

David

2011/9/29 Jomar Silva <[hidden email]>

> Excellent, Olivier !
>
> I truly believe that you are a key person in LO development and adoption in
> Brazil, and I support your candidacy.
>
> Best,
>
> Jomar

Eliane Domingos de Sousa Eliane Domingos de Sousa

Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board of Directors

Hello,

Olivier,

I do my words the words from David and Jomar.

Thanks to be with us! You have all my support.

Kind regards

Eliane Domingos