[steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

[steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi *,

as brought up on Saturday's SC meeting, it is deemed helpful for
local, native-lang NGOs to have their donation details listed on
frequently-viewed pages like the download page. Here's a proposal on
who would be considered eligible.

Note that this applies *only* to translated pages, i.e.

 http://it.libreoffice.org/download/,
 http://de.libreoffice.org/download/ etc.

The generic english pages will not be affected by this proposal.

A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
fulfills the following prerequisites

 * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
   the same time
 * is an non-profit organisation
 * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
   local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
   LibreOffice

can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
application.

Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.

Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
the LibreOffice conference.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

André Schnabel André Schnabel

Re: [steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi,

> Von: Thorsten Behrens <[hidden email]>

> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
> fulfills the following prerequisites
>
>  * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>    the same time
>  * is an non-profit organisation
>  * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>    local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>    LibreOffice
>
> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
> application.
>
> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
>
> Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
> the LibreOffice conference.

Fine with me as preliminary rule, so
   +1

Just as random ideas, what needs to be refined later:

- who at TDF should decide if the criterias are met (I'd guess BoD, maybe MC)
- what's the timeframe for checking if the criteria are still in place
(1 year?)

regards,

André

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Thorsten Behrens wrote on 2011-09-22 10:28:

> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
> fulfills the following prerequisites
>
>   * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>     the same time
>   * is an non-profit organisation
>   * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>     local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>     LibreOffice
>
> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
> application.
>
> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.

+1

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: [steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi Thorsten, *,

Thorsten Behrens wrote (22-09-11 10:28)

> [...]
> The generic english pages will not be affected by this proposal.
>
> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
> fulfills the following prerequisites
>
>   * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>     the same time
>   * is an non-profit organisation
>   * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>     local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>     LibreOffice
>
> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang

Sounds good to me.
In my experience, local/native language groups have a broad variety in
membership/activities. And with the criteria mentioned, there is room
for that variety.

> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
> application.
>
> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
>
> Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
> the LibreOffice conference.

+1

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hello Thorsten,

2011/9/26 Cor Nouws <[hidden email]>

> Hi Thorsten, *,
>
> Thorsten Behrens wrote (22-09-11 10:28)
>
>  [...]
>>
>> The generic english pages will not be affected by this proposal.
>>
>> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
>> fulfills the following prerequisites
>>
>>  * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>>    the same time
>>  * is an non-profit organisation
>>  * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>>    local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>>    LibreOffice
>>
>> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
>>

> Sounds good to me.
> In my experience, local/native language groups have a broad variety in
> membership/activities. And with the criteria mentioned, there is room for
> that variety.
>

>  download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
>> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
>> application.
>>
>> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
>>
>> Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
>> the LibreOffice conference.
>>

> +1

+1

Best,
Charles.

de-jourdain de-jourdain

2011/9/26 Charles-H. Schulz <[hidden email]>

> Hello Thorsten,
>
> 2011/9/26 Cor Nouws <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi Thorsten, *,
> >
> > Thorsten Behrens wrote (22-09-11 10:28)
> >
> >  [...]
> >>
> >> The generic english pages will not be affected by this proposal.
> >>
> >> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
> >> fulfills the following prerequisites
> >>
> >>  * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
> >>    the same time
> >>  * is an non-profit organisation
> >>  * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
> >>    local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
> >>    LibreOffice
> >>
> >> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
> >>

> > Sounds good to me.
> > In my experience, local/native language groups have a broad variety in
> > membership/activities. And with the criteria mentioned, there is room for
> > that variety.
> >

> >  download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
> >> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
> >> application.
> >>
> >> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
> >>
> >> Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
> >> the LibreOffice conference.
> >>

> > +1
> >

> +1

+ 1.

Best,

David

> Best,
> Charles.

sophi sophi

Re: [steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi all,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Andre Schnabel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Von: Thorsten Behrens <[hidden email]>
>

>> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
>> fulfills the following prerequisites
>>
>>  * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>>    the same time
>>  * is an non-profit organisation
>>  * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>>    local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>>    LibreOffice
>>
>> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
>> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
>> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
>> application.
>>
>> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
>>
>> Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
>> the LibreOffice conference.
>

> Fine with me as preliminary rule, so
>   +1
+1 too

> Just as random ideas, what needs to be refined later:
>
> - who at TDF should decide if the criterias are met (I'd guess BoD, maybe MC)
> - what's the timeframe for checking if the criteria are still in place
> (1 year?)

MC is a good candidate.
Having the same timeframe as membership would be a good idea too if
it's linked to the criteria.

Kind regards
Sophie

André Schnabel André Schnabel

Re: [steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi Thorsten, *

Am 22.09.2011 10:28, schrieb Thorsten Behrens:

> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
> fulfills the following prerequisites
>
>  * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>    the same time
>  * is an non-profit organisation
>  * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>    local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>    LibreOffice
>
> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
> application.
>
> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.

Currently I count 4 SC member voting +1 plus one deputy voting +1.

Although this meets the criteria for a quorum I'd suggest that more SC
members express their support for the proposal I know that almost all of
us support it, but this needs to be documented ;). Note that I did not
count Thorsten as supporting vote, as there is no clear indication
although he sent in the proposal.

Thanks and regards,

André

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Re: [steering-discuss] Proposal: Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

> Here's a proposal on who would be considered eligible.

+1 on my proposal, naturally :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

italovignoli italovignoli

On 10/14/11 10:08 AM, André Schnabel wrote:

> Hi Thorsten, *
>

> Am 22.09.2011 10:28, schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
>> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
>> fulfills the following prerequisites
>>
>>  * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>>    the same time
>>  * is an non-profit organisation
>>  * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>>    local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>>    LibreOffice
>>
>> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
>> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
>> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
>> application.
>>
>> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
>
> Currently I count 4 SC member voting +1 plus one deputy voting +1.
>
> Although this meets the criteria for a quorum I'd suggest that more SC
> members express their support for the proposal I know that almost all of
> us support it, but this needs to be documented ;). Note that I did not
> count Thorsten as supporting vote, as there is no clear indication
> although he sent in the proposal.

+1

--
Italo Vignoli
[hidden email]
mobile +39.348.5653829
VoIP +39.02.320621813
skype italovignoli

Italo Vignoli
Director - The Document Foundation
André Schnabel André Schnabel

[steering-discuss] Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

this proposal is now recorded as approved by the SC at
     http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions

So - all we need is someone to implement this :)  Is there someone at
the website team able to take care about this?

What we need is a way to link to donations from the download site.
The generic information (which should be at every download page, no
matter of the locale) would be
     http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/donate/
plus info about SPI (Sophie should be able to provide the details, I think).

Afair, we all agreed that FrODeV is in line with the suggested rules and
can be listed at the German Download page. I (or Florian) can provide
some words about the Association and a link for information / actual
donation place if needed.

For additional information:
  We had a meeting about NGOs in Paris (thjanks to Charles for
oraganizing that). Seems that the represented NGOs there (from France,
Brazil and Germany) have quite the same requirements and expectations to
TDF. So Sophie voluteered to come up with a draft on more general rules
within the next few weeks.
  As a second idea we want to work on a list of NGOs that are
cooperating with TDF (so would qualifiy to be listed at our pages). If
there someone who is willing to work on that - help is welcome :)

regards,

André

Am 22.09.2011 10:28, schrieb Thorsten Behrens:

> Hi *,
>
> as brought up on Saturday's SC meeting, it is deemed helpful for
> local, native-lang NGOs to have their donation details listed on
> frequently-viewed pages like the download page. Here's a proposal on
> who would be considered eligible.
>
> Note that this applies *only* to translated pages, i.e.
>
>   http://it.libreoffice.org/download/,
>   http://de.libreoffice.org/download/ etc.
>
> The generic english pages will not be affected by this proposal.
>
> A local, native-lang NGO, that is in good standing with TDF, and
> fulfills the following prerequisites
>
>   * has at least three NGO members, that are accepted TDF members at
>     the same time
>   * is an non-profit organisation
>   * has, in the past year, organised or participated in at least one
>     local or native-lang event, that was promoting or helping
>     LibreOffice
>
> can ask for having their donation details listed on the native lang
> download and extension pages, below the generic TDF one. Multiple
> NGOs per native-lang category can apply, and are listed in order of
> application.
>
> Listed NGOs are reviewed after one year.
>
> Let's have this approved as a preliminary rule, and refine it during
> the LibreOffice conference.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Re: [steering-discuss] Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi Andre, *,

2011/10/19 André Schnabel <[hidden email]>:

> this proposal is now recorded as approved by the SC at
>    http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions
>
> So - all we need is someone to implement this :)  Is there someone at the
> website team able to take care about this?

So the requirement is to have the actual donation form on the download
page directly?

> What we need is a way to link to donations from the download site.
> The generic information (which should be at every download page, no matter
> of the locale) would be
>    http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/donate/
> plus info about SPI (Sophie should be able to provide the details, I think).

>From my understanding, you want the automatically generated
download-page to also add links (or full paypal forms? please
specify/provide what shall be added to the html at best :-)) +
additionall approved, language specific organizations, is that right?

Or is it about being able to not only be able to use $PayPalTDF but
also $PayPalApprovedOrganization on a "DonationPage"?

for reference:
Download page's automatically generated content resides in
    themes/libo/templates/Layout/DownloadPage.ss
the ones for the DonatePage is in
    mysite/code/DonatePage.php

ciao
Christian

André Schnabel André Schnabel

Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: [steering-discuss] Optional local NGO donation links on download and extension pages

Hi,

Am 19.10.2011 19:24, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
>> this proposal is now recorded as approved by the SC at
>>     http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions
>>
>> So - all we need is someone to implement this :)  Is there someone at the
>> website team able to take care about this?
> So the requirement is to have the actual donation form on the download
> page directly?

No - I would not do that (at least not for local NGOs). If we would do,
we would end up with a quite a complex form - and we would need to make
sure that the donation details are correct for each and every NGO.

>> What we need is a way to link to donations from the download site.
>> The generic information (which should be at every download page, no matter
>> of the locale) would be
>>     http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/donate/
>> plus info about SPI (Sophie should be able to provide the details, I think).
> > From my understanding, you want the automatically generated
> download-page to also add links (or full paypal forms? please
> specify/provide what shall be added to the html at best :-)) +
> additionall approved, language specific organizations, is that right?

I would go for links plus a short introduction of the NGO.

For FrODev I'd put something like:

Freies Office Deutschland e.V.
ist ein gemeinnütziger Verein, der die Arbeit an LibreOffice und anderen
freien Office-Projekten finanziell, durch Bereitstellung von
Infrastruktur und Informationsmaterial sowie durch aktive Mitarbeit
unterstützt.
Spendenmöglichkeiten finden Sie unter http://www.frodev.org/spenden

regards,

André