[steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Next » 12
André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Dear SC members,

as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like
to suggest following changes for the MC:

1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain
(who volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC
members. (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and
David of courrse need to agree on this )

2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).


Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
meeting.

Thanks and regards,

André


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

David Nelson David Nelson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi,

2011/7/11 André Schnabel <[hidden email]>:

> Dear SC members,
>
> as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like to
> suggest following changes for the MC:
>
> 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain (who
> volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
> (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
> courrse need to agree on this )
>
> 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).
>
>
> Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
> community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
> agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
> meeting.

IMHO, it would be better if the MC were to be composed of more than 4
members... I feel that at least 6 to 9 members would ensure better
processing of MC business, and would ensure better quality
decision-taking (better assurance of impartiality, etc.).

--
David Nelson

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Hi,

2011/7/11 André Schnabel <[hidden email]>

> Dear SC members,
>
> as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like to
> suggest following changes for the MC:
>
> 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain (who
> volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
> (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
> courrse need to agree on this )
>
> 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).
>
>
> Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
> community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
> agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
> meeting.
>


+1 to the above.

Best,
Charles.

>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> André
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to steering-discuss+help@**
> documentfoundation.org <steering-discuss%[hidden email]>
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/**
> Netiquette <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>
> List archive: http://listarchives.**documentfoundation.org/www/**
> steering-discuss/<http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/>
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by David Nelson
David,

2011/7/12 David Nelson <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> 2011/7/11 André Schnabel <[hidden email]>:
> > Dear SC members,
> >
> > as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like
> to
> > suggest following changes for the MC:
> >
> > 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain
> (who
> > volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
> > (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
> > courrse need to agree on this )
> >
> > 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> > needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).
> >
> >
> > Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
> > community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
> > agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
> > meeting.
>
> IMHO, it would be better if the MC were to be composed of more than 4
> members... I feel that at least 6 to 9 members would ensure better
> processing of MC business, and would ensure better quality
> decision-taking (better assurance of impartiality, etc.).
>


I think it's not a matter of impartiality, but a matter of calibrating what
works best. There's room for improvement in the MC organization, and I think
it's good that the MC itself feels things should improve. Let's see what the
new changes would bring.

best,
Charles.


>
> --
> David Nelson
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
> [hidden email]
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive:
> http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Hi,

André Schnabel wrote on 2011-07-11 19.56:

> as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like
> to suggest following changes for the MC:
>
> 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain
> (who volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC
> members. (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and
> David of courrse need to agree on this )
>
> 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).

+1 from my side. Thanks for your work on this!

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Steering Committee and Founding Member of The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Michael Meeks Michael Meeks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Hi Andre,

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 19:56 +0200, André Schnabel wrote:
> 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain
> (who volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC
> members. (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and
> David of courrse need to agree on this )

        In principle I have no problem with the idea, of course I'd like to
ensure the ethos of hard contribution is not watered down and the
membership greatly expanded; so - any chance of a list of the current
deputies ? I'd also like to ensure that we have more core, and/or code
contributors in there - or perhaps I'm missing something.

        Who would the full list be then ? :-)

> 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).

        Sounds fine to me.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
 [hidden email]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi Michael,

> Von: Michael Meeks <[hidden email]>

>
> On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 19:56 +0200, André Schnabel wrote:
> > 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain
> > (who volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC
> > members. (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and
> > David of courrse need to agree on this )
>
> In principle I have no problem with the idea, of course I'd like to
> ensure the ethos of hard contribution is not watered down and the
> membership greatly expanded; so - any chance of a list of the current
> deputies ?

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Committee


> I'd also like to ensure that we have more core, and/or code
> contributors in there - or perhaps I'm missing something.

My primary goal is to have people at the MC who attent meetings so
that we get a quorum, and fullfill the duties given to them. But the
decision at hand is to the SC ;)

For the moment we need a solution to keep the MC in function. But as
discussed in last SC meeting we need to change the MC setup anyway -
it needs to be elected by TDF members. These elections should be done
not to far after BoD elections and I'm looking forward to lots of
applications.

regards,

André



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Tom Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by David Nelson
Hi :)
It is 6 i think.  The 4 arrives as 2/3rds of 6.  It would be good to have at
least 1 person from each critical area of TDF.  Devs, Marketing, Documentation,
Design, Users etc?  Most people probably work in more than 1 group so i suspect
this is already covered.  

Regards from
Tom :)





________________________________
From: David Nelson <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Tue, 12 July, 2011 3:08:29
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi,

2011/7/11 André Schnabel <[hidden email]>:

> Dear SC members,
>
> as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like to
> suggest following changes for the MC:
>
> 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain (who
> volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
> (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
> courrse need to agree on this )
>
> 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).
>
>
> Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
> community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
> agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
> meeting.

IMHO, it would be better if the MC were to be composed of more than 4
members... I feel that at least 6 to 9 members would ensure better
processing of MC business, and would ensure better quality
decision-taking (better assurance of impartiality, etc.).

--
David Nelson

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Simon Phipps Simon Phipps
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by André Schnabel

On 12 Jul 2011, at 15:51, Andre Schnabel wrote:

>> Von: Michael Meeks <[hidden email]>
>
>> I'd also like to ensure that we have more core, and/or code
>> contributors in there - or perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> My primary goal is to have people at the MC who attent meetings so
> that we get a quorum, and fullfill the duties given to them. But the
> decision at hand is to the SC ;)
>
> For the moment we need a solution to keep the MC in function. But as
> discussed in last SC meeting we need to change the MC setup anyway -
> it needs to be elected by TDF members. These elections should be done
> not to far after BoD elections and I'm looking forward to lots of
> applications.

If you'd like a volunteer, I'd be happy to help with the MC - I suspect that the additional load now and during the elections will need an extra pair of hands.

S.


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

de-jourdain de-jourdain
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Hi André, hi all,

Am 11. Juli 2011 14:56 schrieb André Schnabel <[hidden email]>:

> Dear SC members,
>
> as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like to
> suggest following changes for the MC:
>
> 1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain (who
> volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
> (so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
> courrse need to agree on this )
>

when I talked to André about helping the MC, I want to make clear that just
offer me 'cause I understand that my fluency in some languages ​​can help in
the process. If you may evaluate, you can talk with Olivier, with Jesus,
with Claudio and some others that could talk to me (in person or not) that I
usually was the interpreter for almost everyone from BrOffice, in the FOSS
events. Of course, switching between some languages ​​during three or four
days, almost makes you forget to speak your primary language, but this
doesn't happen in the MC.

If it's necessary to be a deputy or not, I really don't know. I appreciate
and accept the invitation of Andre, but I want to leave this list totally
free.

If I can participate in this job with the MC, not being a deputy or being a
deputy, for me is fine.

David


> 2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
> needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).
>
>
> Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
> community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
> agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
> meeting.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> André
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to steering-discuss+help@**
> documentfoundation.org <steering-discuss%[hidden email]>
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/**
> Netiquette <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>
> List archive: http://listarchives.**documentfoundation.org/www/**
> steering-discuss/<http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/>
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Claudio F Filho Claudio F Filho
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi

Em 13-07-2011 09:51, David Emmerich Jourdain escreveu:
> when I talked to André about helping the MC, I want to make clear that just
> offer me 'cause I understand that my fluency in some languages ​​can help in
> the process. If you may evaluate, you can talk with Olivier, with Jesus,
> with Claudio and some others that could talk to me (in person or not) that I
> usually was the interpreter for almost everyone from BrOffice, in the FOSS
> events. Of course, switching between some languages ​​during three or four
> days, almost makes you forget to speak your primary language, but this
> doesn't happen in the MC.

In my view, David is a good translator, indeed.

Concerning to the MC, I think that there must have *Web of Trust* and,
here, we got problems in finding a connector for this WoT concerning to
David. I think we need people without any problems inside that WoT.

Since the begining of TDF, he is using an untrue description in his
profile at TDF's website [1]. I have warned core@ already, but this
profile is still there.
[1]http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/

As he cited my name, this is my position about him.

Best,
Claudio

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Tom Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi :)
Would his description be more accurate if someone changed it from ...
"David is the LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
to
"David is a LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."

It is difficult to claim someone is representing any community accurately as the
whole point about a community is that there are many diverse, probably
conflicting, opinions and representing all those opinions in a fair way is very
difficult and possibly unlikely to happen.  We do what we can but never achieve
perfection (hopefully).  It is even difficult if the community votes on who is
to 'represent them'.  

Regards from
Tom :)



________________________________
From: Claudio F Filho <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Wed, 13 July, 2011 15:01:27
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi

Em 13-07-2011 09:51, David Emmerich Jourdain escreveu:
> when I talked to André about helping the MC, I want to make clear that just
> offer me 'cause I understand that my fluency in some languages ​​can help in
> the process. If you may evaluate, you can talk with Olivier, with Jesus,
> with Claudio and some others that could talk to me (in person or not) that I
> usually was the interpreter for almost everyone from BrOffice, in the FOSS
> events. Of course, switching between some languages ​​during three or four
> days, almost makes you forget to speak your primary language, but this
> doesn't happen in the MC.

In my view, David is a good translator, indeed.

Concerning to the MC, I think that there must have *Web of Trust* and, here, we
got problems in finding a connector for this WoT concerning to David. I think we
need people without any problems inside that WoT.

Since the begining of TDF, he is using an untrue description in his profile at
TDF's website [1]. I have warned core@ already, but this profile is still there.
[1]http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/

As he cited my name, this is my position about him.

Best,
Claudio

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
[hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Paulo de Souza Lima-3 Paulo de Souza Lima-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

2011/7/13 Tom Davies <[hidden email]>

> Hi :)
> Would his description be more accurate if someone changed it from ...
> "David is the LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
> to
> "David is a LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
>
> It is difficult to claim someone is representing any community accurately
> as the
> whole point about a community is that there are many diverse, probably
> conflicting, opinions and representing all those opinions in a fair way is
> very
> difficult and possibly unlikely to happen.  We do what we can but never
> achieve
> perfection (hopefully).  It is even difficult if the community votes on who
> is
> to 'represent them'.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>
>
Hi Tom.

In my view, anyone who contribute is a "community representative", mainly
TDF members. When someone describes himself as "community representative",
he's taking a "title" that doesn't belong to him. That could give the wrong
impression he's "in charge" of community's public relationships, when he's
not.

But I also think this discussion is taking a wrong path. I don't think we
must "judge" people for what they've done at this very moment. I think
Claudio's comment was made only to advise MC that this issue could become
"ugly" under brazilian community's eyes, with David in MC. It *could*, but
it doesn't mean it *will*, right?

Rgds

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador
http://www.pasl.net.br
http://almalivre.wordpress.com
Curitiba - PR
Linux User #432358
Ubuntu User #28729

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and the
peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
de-jourdain de-jourdain
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by Claudio F Filho
Hi all,

2011/7/13 Claudio F Filho <[hidden email]>

> Hi
>
> Em 13-07-2011 09:51, David Emmerich Jourdain escreveu:
>
>  when I talked to André about helping the MC, I want to make clear that
>> just offer me 'cause I understand that my fluency in some languages can help
>> in the process. If you may evaluate, you can talk with Olivier, with
>> Jesus, with Claudio and some others that could talk to me (in person or not)
>> that I usually was the interpreter for almost everyone from BrOffice, in the
>> FOSS events. Of course, switching between some languages during three or
>> four days, almost makes you forget to speak your primary language, but
>> this doesn't happen in the MC.
>>
>
> In my view, David is a good translator, indeed.
>
> Concerning to the MC, I think that there must have *Web of Trust* and,
> here, we got problems in finding a connector for this WoT concerning to
> David. I think we need people without any problems inside that WoT.
>

So, Cláudio!! if you don't help at all and don't let anyone to help...


> Since the begining of TDF, he is using an untrue description in his profile
> at TDF's website [1]. I have warned core@ already, but this profile is
> still there.
> [1]http://www.**documentfoundation.org/**foundation/<http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/>
>
>
about what Cláudio told, I already responded in another tread that this
information was included by the marketing team (not by me) and I left the
team completely free to change as they choose.

If you returned to this theme, or you don't read this tread, or do you have
bad intentions.

Again, the marketing team can change as they think better. As said before, I
say now.

And thank you for your cooperation here, Cláudio. You have helped a lot.

David


> As he cited my name, this is my position about him.
>
> Best,
> Claudio
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to steering-discuss+help@**
> documentfoundation.org <steering-discuss%[hidden email]>
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/**
> Netiquette <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>
> List archive: http://listarchives.**documentfoundation.org/www/**
> steering-discuss/<http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/>
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Claudio F Filho Claudio F Filho
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by Paulo de Souza Lima-3
Em 13-07-2011 11:27, Paulo de Souza Lima escreveu:
> But I also think this discussion is taking a wrong path. I don't think we
> must "judge" people for what they've done at this very moment. I think
> Claudio's comment was made only to advise MC that this issue could become
> "ugly" under brazilian community's eyes, with David in MC. It*could*, but
> it doesn't mean it*will*, right?

That's my point, Paulo. For MC, we need people inside the WoT, and
that's questionable concerning to David.

Best,
Claudio

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Paulo de Souza Lima-3 Paulo de Souza Lima-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by de-jourdain
2011/7/13 David Emmerich Jourdain <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
> about what Cláudio told, I already responded in another tread that this
> information was included by the marketing team (not by me) and I left the
> team completely free to change as they choose.
>
> If you returned to this theme, or you don't read this tread, or do you have
> bad intentions.
>
> Again, the marketing team can change as they think better. As said before,
> I
> say now.
>
>
I'm not sure about what those "bad intentions" it could be. The fact is:
brazilian community was involved into many discussions at marketing@ list
some weeks ago, and we agreed to attend some claims from TDF, and TDF ageed
to do the same on our claims. Our part of that agreement was done. But many
of our claims didn't. One of them was removing that description from you
profile. I don't know who is responsible for that, I just know that this was
not done.

But I refuse to start another battle like that in this list. Please,
everyone calm down and let's talk about the subject of this thread, ok?


> And thank you for your cooperation here, Cláudio. You have helped a lot.
>
> David
>
>
Cheers.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador
http://www.pasl.net.br
http://almalivre.wordpress.com
Curitiba - PR
Linux User #432358
Ubuntu User #28729

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and the
peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
de-jourdain de-jourdain
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by Paulo de Souza Lima-3
Hi Paulo,

2011/7/13 Paulo de Souza Lima <[hidden email]>

> 2011/7/13 Tom Davies <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi :)
> > Would his description be more accurate if someone changed it from ...
> > "David is the LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
> > to
> > "David is a LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
> >
> > It is difficult to claim someone is representing any community accurately
> > as the
> > whole point about a community is that there are many diverse, probably
> > conflicting, opinions and representing all those opinions in a fair way
> is
> > very
> > difficult and possibly unlikely to happen.  We do what we can but never
> > achieve
> > perfection (hopefully).  It is even difficult if the community votes on
> who
> > is
> > to 'represent them'.
> >
> > Regards from
> > Tom :)
> >
> >
> Hi Tom.
>
> In my view, anyone who contribute is a "community representative", mainly
> TDF members. When someone describes himself as "community representative",
> he's taking a "title" that doesn't belong to him. That could give the wrong
> impression he's "in charge" of community's public relationships, when he's
> not.
>

I have answered this issue twice. The marketing team wrote and can change
back whenever they like.


> But I also think this discussion is taking a wrong path. I don't think
> we must "judge" people for what they've done at this very moment. I
> think Claudio's comment was made only to advise MC that this issue could
> become "ugly" under brazilian community's eyes, with David in MC. It
> *could*, but it doesn't mean it *will*, right?
>

However, I wanna note that I was invited, just that!!
Then who is "beautiful" for the community's eyes, Cláudio? You, right?

David


> Rgds
>
> --
> Paulo de Souza Lima
> Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador
> http://www.pasl.net.br
> http://almalivre.wordpress.com
> Curitiba - PR
> Linux User #432358
> Ubuntu User #28729
>
> "For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
> the
> peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
> between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
> [hidden email]
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive:
> http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Tom Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi :)
I think everyone so far is saying that while many people in the community hold a
certain person in high regards there is always likely to be one or 2 people that
don't share the same view.  It doesn't make that person wrong since they have
the high regards of an overwhelming majority.

I think both Claudio and Paulo have written very positive remarks about David
and seem to value him.  Claudio definitely mentioned about the superb work done
as translator at events and so on.

Regards from
Tom :)





________________________________
From: David Emmerich Jourdain <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Wed, 13 July, 2011 15:47:40
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi Paulo,

2011/7/13 Paulo de Souza Lima <[hidden email]>

> 2011/7/13 Tom Davies <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi :)
> > Would his description be more accurate if someone changed it from ...
> > "David is the LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
> > to
> > "David is a LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
> >
> > It is difficult to claim someone is representing any community accurately
> > as the
> > whole point about a community is that there are many diverse, probably
> > conflicting, opinions and representing all those opinions in a fair way
> is
> > very
> > difficult and possibly unlikely to happen.  We do what we can but never
> > achieve
> > perfection (hopefully).  It is even difficult if the community votes on
> who
> > is
> > to 'represent them'.
> >
> > Regards from
> > Tom :)
> >
> >
> Hi Tom.
>
> In my view, anyone who contribute is a "community representative", mainly
> TDF members. When someone describes himself as "community representative",
> he's taking a "title" that doesn't belong to him. That could give the wrong
> impression he's "in charge" of community's public relationships, when he's
> not.
>

I have answered this issue twice. The marketing team wrote and can change
back whenever they like.


> But I also think this discussion is taking a wrong path. I don't think
> we must "judge" people for what they've done at this very moment. I
> think Claudio's comment was made only to advise MC that this issue could
> become "ugly" under brazilian community's eyes, with David in MC. It
> *could*, but it doesn't mean it *will*, right?
>

However, I wanna note that I was invited, just that!!
Then who is "beautiful" for the community's eyes, Cláudio? You, right?

David


> Rgds
>
> --
> Paulo de Souza Lima
> Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador
> http://www.pasl.net.br
> http://almalivre.wordpress.com
> Curitiba - PR
> Linux User #432358
> Ubuntu User #28729
>
> "For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
> the
> peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
> between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
> [hidden email]
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive:
> http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

de-jourdain de-jourdain
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by Paulo de Souza Lima-3
Hi Paulo,

2011/7/13 Paulo de Souza Lima <[hidden email]>

> 2011/7/13 David Emmerich Jourdain <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi all,
> > about what Cláudio told, I already responded in another tread that this
> > information was included by the marketing team (not by me) and I left the
> > team completely free to change as they choose.
> >
> > If you returned to this theme, or you don't read this tread, or do you
> have
> > bad intentions.
> >
> > Again, the marketing team can change as they think better. As said
> before,
> > I
> > say now.
> >
> >
> I'm not sure about what those "bad intentions" it could be. The fact is:
> brazilian community was involved into many discussions at marketing@list some weeks ago, and we agreed to attend some claims from TDF, and TDF
> ageed to do the same on our claims. Our part of that agreement was done. But
> many of our claims didn't. One of them was removing that description from
> you profile. I don't know who is responsible for that, I just know that this
> was not done.
>

I agree with you. However, what Claudio want, disfiguring the subject when
the topic was explained a few months ago?

I'm not part of the marketing team, but what I'm follow, they must have very
little time, even to sleep. So, when they change the data, okay for me.


> But I refuse to start another battle like that in this list.
> Please, everyone calm down and let's talk about the subject of this thread,
> ok?
>

I agree with you.

Best regards.

David


> > And thank you for your cooperation here, Cláudio. You have helped a lot.
> >
> > David
> >
> >
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Paulo de Souza Lima
> Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador
> http://www.pasl.net.br
> http://almalivre.wordpress.com
> Curitiba - PR
> Linux User #432358
> Ubuntu User #28729
>
> "For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
> the
> peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
> between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
> [hidden email]
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive:
> http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Tom Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

In reply to this post by Paulo de Souza Lima-3
Hi :)
+1
All things, however unlikely, are possibly possible.  I agree that we shouldn't
spend much more time on this.  I just wondered if there was a "quick fix" to
solve the issue but if it doesn't fix the problem  then there is no need to drag
the argument back into the spotlight.  

Regards from
Tom :)




________________________________
From: Paulo de Souza Lima <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Sent: Wed, 13 July, 2011 15:27:10
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

<snip />

It *could*, but it doesn't mean it *will*, right?

Rgds

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Next » 12