[steering-discuss] SC Call on Saturday

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

[steering-discuss] SC Call on Saturday

Hi,

I might not be able to join the SC Call on Saturday, as I am on the TDF
admin weekend in Munich. Christoph, can you jump in for me?

Thanks,
Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

de-jourdain de-jourdain

Re: [steering-discuss] SC Call on Saturday

Hi Florian,

2011/6/21 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> I might not be able to join the SC Call on Saturday, as I am on the TDF
> admin weekend in Munich. Christoph, can you jump in for me?

I got a question about this calls, until now via skype.

The last time I talked with Olivier about this calls, he told me that Skype
is not always supporting us all in conversation. And even with the Talkyoo
helping, still happens any technical difficulties (here and there).

I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
participant will have a login to use it in these calls.

It's just a suggestion, an idea.
My 2 euros, 'cause 2 cents is too little. ;-)

MfG.,

David

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:
> I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
> We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
> participant will have a login to use it in these calls.

Hm, if we go for our own solution - I'd rather suggest Mumble
(http://mumble.sourceforge.net/). That reportedly works very well
for a number of people.

I gather TeamSpeak is not opensource?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

de-jourdain de-jourdain

Re: [steering-discuss] SC Call on Saturday

Hi Thorsten, hi all,

2011/6/21 Thorsten Behrens <[hidden email]>

> David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:
> > I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
> > We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
> > participant will have a login to use it in these calls.
> >
> Hm, if we go for our own solution - I'd rather suggest Mumble
> (http://mumble.sourceforge.net/). That reportedly works very well
> for a number of people.

Maybe a better option, I think. I know mumble, but I have never used
intensively. So, I can't comment about performance.

> I gather TeamSpeak is not opensource?

No. TeamSpeak is not opensource, as our current solution.
I was only thinking to consider another tool, to guarantee quality to the
calls.

But, as you suggested, perhaps mumble is a better option.

MfG.,

David

> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

[steering-discuss] Re: SC Call on Saturday

Hi Florian!

Am Dienstag, den 21.06.2011, 14:39 +0200 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> Hi,
>
> I might not be able to join the SC Call on Saturday, as I am on the TDF
> admin weekend in Munich. Christoph, can you jump in for me?

Hehe, I'm visiting my sister's family as well - but should be doable
somehow; as long as we can stick with a usual phone conference.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to test/stabilize the mumble service
until the weekend.

I hope this will be okay for the other participants. And, nice having
the opportunity (duty?) to join again :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

[steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: FYI Skype Ends Support For Open-Source Digium Asterisk VOIP PBX

I wrote:
> David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:
> > I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
> > We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
> > participant will have a login to use it in these calls.
> >
> Hm, if we go for our own solution - I'd rather suggest Mumble
> (http://mumble.sourceforge.net/). That reportedly works very well
> for a number of people.

So it seems we already have a mumble test install - please sync with
Alex for trials.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: FYI Skype Ends Support For Open-Source Digium Asterisk VOIP PBX

Hey guys i have used mumble and its a great secure app and very low latency.

One big perk is your not restricted on listeners. it depends on the
configuration on how many listeners you can have.

I am wondering if we can take for instance other things to it like
development. discussions and work to a channel on there.