strange scrollbar behaviour

Guy Voets Guy Voets

strange scrollbar behaviour

Hello,

This is not really new, but I didn't take the time till now to report it.
When I click somewhere on the scrollbar in a Writer document, the part of
the text will jump up or down by about one window. So far so good.
When I click in the last centimeter of the scrollbar, however, just above
teh 3 icons (e.g. 'search further below' or '.. up', 'navigation'), the
text will on the contrary go up line by line.
Is this normal behaviour? Why?

Thanks for your comments.
This is LO 3.5.1 (NL version) on an iMac with Lion 10.7.3
I haven't looked for bug reports yet.

--
Guy
using LibO 3.5 & 3.5.1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Lion

Guy Voets Guy Voets

strange scrollbar behaviour

RESEND

Hello,

This is not really new, but I didn't take the time till now to report it.
When I click somewhere on the scrollbar in a Writer document, the part of
the text will jump up or down by about one window. So far so good.
When I click in the last centimeter of the scrollbar, however, just above
teh 3 icons (e.g. 'search further below' or '.. up', 'navigation'), the
text will on the contrary go up line by line.
Is this normal behaviour? Why?

Thanks for your comments.
This is LO 3.5.3 (NL version) on an iMac with Lion 10.7.3
I haven't looked for bug reports yet.

--
Guy
using LibO 3.5 & 3.5.1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Lion
-- please reply only to [hidden email] --
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

--
Guy
using LibO 3.5.2 on a iMac Intel DualCore Lion
-- please reply only to [hidden email] --
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

Walther Koehler Walther Koehler

basic makro DBase connection

Hallo,

Is it possible, to connect to an DBase file like "test.dbf" without prior
registration using makros?

I tried:
oDataSource=oDataBaseContext.getByName("file:///test.dbf")

giving the error message:
"... no approriate SDBC driver found."

What is my mistake/misconception?

Walther

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: strange scrollbar behaviour

On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 17:59 +0200, Guy Voets wrote:

> RESEND
>
> Hello,
>
> This is not really new, but I didn't take the time till now to report it.
> When I click somewhere on the scrollbar in a Writer document, the part of
> the text will jump up or down by about one window. So far so good.
> When I click in the last centimeter of the scrollbar, however, just above
> teh 3 icons (e.g. 'search further below' or '.. up', 'navigation'), the
> text will on the contrary go up line by line.
> Is this normal behaviour? Why?
>
> Thanks for your comments.
> This is LO 3.5.3 (NL version) on an iMac with Lion 10.7.3
> I haven't looked for bug reports yet.
>
> --
> Guy

     It is not really strange behavior: it is the "expected" behavior.
Perhaps the problem is a small change in the scrollbar. It use to have
an arrow at each end of it (vertical or horizontal) to move the text up
or down one line. Now, an additional up arrow has been added near the
bottom of the vertical scrollbar. This permits a person to quickly go up
or down a line without having to move the cursor more than a few
centimeters.

--Dan

Guy Voets Guy Voets

2012/5/5 Dan Lewis <[hidden email]>

> On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 17:59 +0200, Guy Voets wrote:
> > RESEND
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is not really new, but I didn't take the time till now to report it.
> > When I click somewhere on the scrollbar in a Writer document, the part of
> > the text will jump up or down by about one window. So far so good.
> > When I click in the last centimeter of the scrollbar, however, just above
> > teh 3 icons (e.g. 'search further below' or '.. up', 'navigation'), the
> > text will on the contrary go up line by line.
> > Is this normal behaviour? Why?
> >
> > Thanks for your comments.
> > This is LO 3.5.3 (NL version) on an iMac with Lion 10.7.3
> > I haven't looked for bug reports yet.
> >
> > --
> > Guy
>
>      It is not really strange behavior: it is the "expected" behavior.
> Perhaps the problem is a small change in the scrollbar. It use to have
> an arrow at each end of it (vertical or horizontal) to move the text up
> or down one line. Now, an additional up arrow has been added near the
> bottom of the vertical scrollbar. This permits a person to quickly go up
> or down a line without having to move the cursor more than a few
> centimeters.
>
> --Dan

Thanks Dan!
Well, I suspected something like that.
The situation is a little different on a Mac, however.

The arrows on a Mac scrollbar are ar the bottom, an up arrow, a dwon arrow,
and in between a third icon. Clicking on this icon (Navigation) gives you
the possibility to change where the arrows bring you: next/previous page,
next section, next marker etc.

The space immediately above the up arrow is not marked in any way, and when
you're at the bottom of the document, the grey rectangular marker that
moves in the scrollbar even goes all the way down, into this 'strange'
area. So there's no way of knowing which will be the behaviour when you
click somewhere at the bottom of the unmarked scrollbar. Sometimes you will
you down one line, sometimes up one line, and a millimeter higher you will
jump down one page (or go to whatever you chose in the Navigation).
A bit odd, don't you agree.

Anyway, if it's tha expected behaviour, I'll learn to live with it, but
some indication (small icons?) of what to expect might be useful.