systray quickstarter icon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Philip Jackson Philip Jackson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

systray quickstarter icon

I've just moved from UbuntuStudio 1604 to 1804 which has taken me from
LO 5.1.6.2 to 6.0.3.2

I can't find the option to use the systray quickstarter icon in this
version. It used to be under the Tools > Options > LO > Memory
but the whole memory section of the options seems to have gone.

Is this an improvement or has it been moved to another location? I've
searched the advanced expert configuration but without finding anything
useful.

The systray icon provided a very quick way of opening LO to start work
in a new file. I regret its passing if this is just an improvement.

Philip

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

RGB.ES RGB.ES
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: systray quickstarter icon

El mié., 12 sept. 2018 a las 18:48, Philip Jackson (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> I've just moved from UbuntuStudio 1604 to 1804 which has taken me from
> LO 5.1.6.2 to 6.0.3.2
>
> I can't find the option to use the systray quickstarter icon in this
> version. It used to be under the Tools > Options > LO > Memory
> but the whole memory section of the options seems to have gone.
>

The quickstart was deprecated in 5.4, and now it's been eliminated. See my
answer to a similar question here

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/164223/no-quickstarter-after-last-update/

Regards,
Ricardo


>
> Is this an improvement or has it been moved to another location? I've
> searched the advanced expert configuration but without finding anything
> useful.
>
> The systray icon provided a very quick way of opening LO to start work
> in a new file. I regret its passing if this is just an improvement.
>
> Philip
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Philip Jackson Philip Jackson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: systray quickstarter icon

On 12/09/18 20:30, Ricardo Berlasso wrote:

> El mié., 12 sept. 2018 a las 18:48, Philip Jackson (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
>> I've just moved from UbuntuStudio 1604 to 1804 which has taken me from
>> LO 5.1.6.2 to 6.0.3.2
>>
>> I can't find the option to use the systray quickstarter icon in this
>> version. It used to be under the Tools > Options > LO > Memory
>> but the whole memory section of the options seems to have gone.
>>
>
> The quickstart was deprecated in 5.4, and now it's been eliminated. See my
> answer to a similar question here
>
> https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/164223/no-quickstarter-after-last-update/

Thanks for the link, Ricardo. I've added icons for writer, calc and
impress to one of the panels so now I've recovered some of the
Quickstart functionality.

Curiously, I've just looked on a Windows10 box which has an even later
version of LO (6.0.5.2) and LibreOffice on Windows does give an option
to place a Quickstarter in the tray. On Windows it is under Tools >
Options > LO > General.  And it works very well.

Regards,
Philip

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy