template to set default font and font size problems with 6.4.3.2

bjlockie bjlockie

template to set default font and font size problems with 6.4.3.2

I have 3 problems:

1. I made a template to set the default font for new Calc documents.
Is there a way to set the default font for existing documents instead of
selecting them all and increasing the size?

2. A new Calc document defaults to the new size I saved in a template
but the rows are not the optimum size for the default font.
Should the rows default to the optimum height for the default font?

3. Menus are a decent size since I changed the system font but sheet tab
names at the bottom are still tiny.

Version: 6.4.3.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: qt5;
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: template to set default font and font size problems with 6.4.3.2

In data domenica 10 maggio 2020 06:11:09 CEST, James ha scritto:
> I have 3 problems:
>
> 1. I made a template to set the default font for new Calc documents.
> Is there a way to set the default font for existing documents instead of
> selecting them all and increasing the size?

Use "Styles": Styles > Manage Styles > Default > Change, and change the font type there.
Note that you may want to install new fonts, according to your needs.

> 2. A new Calc document defaults to the new size I saved in a template
> but the rows are not the optimum size for the default font.
> Should the rows default to the optimum height for the default font?

This is strange. If you save your template as you need, you should have an exact copy of
the template, when you open and save it.

In any case, I suggest you to make all necessary changes in a normal sheet, than select all
the sheet and then Styles > New Style from selection to create a custom style. Then save as
template, too.

> 3. Menus are a decent size since I changed the system font but sheet tab
> names at the bottom are still tiny.

I don't know if it is possible...

Ciao
--