user's profile on an iMac

Guy Voets Guy Voets

user's profile on an iMac

Hello,

I have a problem with sorting in Calc and the solution could be to throw
out my user's profile.

Normally, this sits in user/libray/application support/libreoffice/4
but on my Yosemite 27" iMac, there is no Library in my user map!
The Library in the root map doesn't contain application support for LO.

Any idea where this could be hidden?
In LO, the Paths indicate the path mentioned above, in the Library under
user.

Guy
using LibO 5.0.1 on a iMac Intel Yosemite 10.10.5
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

Rob Rob

Re: user's profile on an iMac

Guy,

library is standard invisible in Finder.

How to see the contents:
open finder
On the menu bar- Go -> Go to folder
Enter in the pop-up window: ~/library/application support/libreoffice/4 (tilde means current user home directory)

The directory "4" will open...

If you want to show hidden folder/files permanently in Finder, do the following:

Open a Terminal window and run the following commands in it, pressing Enter after each one:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

This will kill all open finder processes. So if you restart Finder, all files will show.

Succes,
Rob.

On 8 sep. 2015, at 15:18, Guy Voets wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with sorting in Calc and the solution could be to throw
> out my user's profile.
>
> Normally, this sits in user/libray/application support/libreoffice/4
> but on my Yosemite 27" iMac, there is no Library in my user map!
> The Library in the root map doesn't contain application support for LO.
>
> Any idea where this could be hidden?
> In LO, the Paths indicate the path mentioned above, in the Library under
> user.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Guy
> using LibO 5.0.1 on a iMac Intel Yosemite 10.10.5
> Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

Guy Voets Guy Voets

Re: user's profile on an iMac

Hello Rob & Brian,