[website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

I thought it was about time to share some of the progress that the
Drupal website development team has made since the last update.
You can view the progress of the site at www.libreofficeaustralia.org
(Note that international pages have not yet been setup)

I would like to express my thanks to everyone who has been
contributing to the Drupal site development so far, the development of
the workflows and behind the scenes systems is fantastic.
Since the last update we have:

Put together a temporary theme (So people can get a feel for the site)
Created a video support section, where authorised people can submit
externally hosted tutorial videos
Refined some of the forums systems (Still working on the mailing list
type functionality)
Created a governance system whereby SC members can propose agendas and
submit meeting minutes
             The system automatically displays info on the next
upcoming meeting from proposed agendas and you can play minutes
recordings without downloading the file
Setup a facebook support page where anyone can ask questions. We are
currently working on ways for two way communication with FB and other
social networks.
In the process of creating an interactive FAQ section
Creating the concept for the brainstorm system - This is a big
undertaking and needs to be planned carefully for integration with
other systems
Interactive Project Teams now have their own forums and announcement
areas (restricted posting to team members only)

There are many other facets of work which I will not go into right
now, but suffice to say that I am very proud of the work that the
Drupal Website Development Team is doing.
We will soon have more contact with the project teams to refine and
revise the work we have implemented to suit their UI and workflow
needs.

The main area which we will concentrate on after the new year will be
internationalisation and working with the native language teams to
adapt our website design to suit their needs and incorporate
suggestions from those teams across all languages.

Again, a huge thankyou to all of those who have been involved with the
development so far. There is still a lot of development to go for the
resulting community site ,I encourage you to get more involved (time
permitting) now, or after LibreOffice 3.3 has been released into the
wild.

Michael Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Carl Symons Carl Symons
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

Thanks to this group for all the work. After working on a Drupal site
for a F/OSS Fest in the U.S., I appreciate how much work this can be.

Carl

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I thought it was about time to share some of the progress that the
> Drupal website development team has made since the last update.
> You can view the progress of the site at www.libreofficeaustralia.org
> (Note that international pages have not yet been setup)
>
> I would like to express my thanks to everyone who has been
> contributing to the Drupal site development so far, the development of
> the workflows and behind the scenes systems is fantastic.
> Since the last update we have:
>
> Put together a temporary theme (So people can get a feel for the site)
> Created a video support section, where authorised people can submit
> externally hosted tutorial videos
> Refined some of the forums systems (Still working on the mailing list
> type functionality)
> Created a governance system whereby SC members can propose agendas and
> submit meeting minutes
>             The system automatically displays info on the next
> upcoming meeting from proposed agendas and you can play minutes
> recordings without downloading the file
> Setup a facebook support page where anyone can ask questions. We are
> currently working on ways for two way communication with FB and other
> social networks.
> In the process of creating an interactive FAQ section
> Creating the concept for the brainstorm system - This is a big
> undertaking and needs to be planned carefully for integration with
> other systems
> Interactive Project Teams now have their own forums and announcement
> areas (restricted posting to team members only)
>
> There are many other facets of work which I will not go into right
> now, but suffice to say that I am very proud of the work that the
> Drupal Website Development Team is doing.
> We will soon have more contact with the project teams to refine and
> revise the work we have implemented to suit their UI and workflow
> needs.
>
> The main area which we will concentrate on after the new year will be
> internationalisation and working with the native language teams to
> adapt our website design to suit their needs and incorporate
> suggestions from those teams across all languages.
>
> Again, a huge thankyou to all of those who have been involved with the
> development so far. There is still a lot of development to go for the
> resulting community site ,I encourage you to get more involved (time
> permitting) now, or after LibreOffice 3.3 has been released into the
> wild.
>
> Michael Wheatland
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
> Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
> *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Wolf Halton Wolf Halton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

In reply to this post by Wheatbix
Great job! Is there a timeframe for this to replace the current home page?
BTW - your placeholder theme looks fine.  I think you could allow the
regular users to choose from a range of builtin themes.  I build for
readability and comprehension and many themes mar those goals.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Wolf Halton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great job! Is there a timeframe for this to replace the current home page?
> BTW - your placeholder theme looks fine.  I think you could allow the
> regular users to choose from a range of builtin themes.  I build for
> readability and comprehension and many themes mar those goals.

Thanks for the feedback,

There is a proposal from Carlos Jenkins regarding the theme which is
currently under review within the design team mailing list.
IMO Carlos' theme is quite clean and does a good job in maintaining
readability while having a modern feel.
Please have a look at the proposal and feel free to give feedback
either here, on the design list or on the website mailing list.
http://www.cjenkins.net/files/LibO_Website_Design_Proposal_DrupalDevTeam.tar.gz

The timeframe for implementing a Drupal based community site is
dependent on the time it takes to establish high quality customized
work flows for the project teams. We are working through the
documentation workflow at the moment and an 'idea generation' /
'brainstorm' / Feature request tool is being developed so as to have a
structured tool that we can coordinate longer term improvements of
LibreOffice.

Thanks for the interest and any more feedback is welcomed.
Michael Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Wolf Halton Wolf Halton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

I liked the proposed site theme. Very coupled and readable. Since I do a lot
of my web browsing on a smart phone now, I am signed up on the website
mailing list and looking forward to testing how it works on a 3.5" screen.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Wolf Halton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I liked the proposed site theme. Very coupled and readable. Since I do a lot
> of my web browsing on a smart phone now, I am signed up on the website
> mailing list and looking forward to testing how it works on a 3.5" screen.

Drupal is able to support two themes simultaneously. It would just be
a matter of choice if we wanted to have a mobile domain which is
displayed with a mobile theme. Maybe something we can think about at a
later date.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Wolf Halton Wolf Halton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

Michael,

When I look at my own web logs, I see a majority of windows +/- 40%, next
highest is unknown +/- 20% and third is linux +/- 15
in that unknown is a (probably) a lot of smartphone action.  I know there
are a lot of people browsing anonymously, but it would amaze me if that was
more than 4 or 5 percent of the total,

Maybe I can help with mobile theming that when the time comes.

Wolf Halton

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Michael Wheatland <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Wolf Halton <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I liked the proposed site theme. Very coupled and readable. Since I do a
> lot
> > of my web browsing on a smart phone now, I am signed up on the website
> > mailing list and looking forward to testing how it works on a 3.5"
> screen.
>
> Drupal is able to support two themes simultaneously. It would just be
> a matter of choice if we wanted to have a mobile domain which is
> displayed with a mobile theme. Maybe something we can think about at a
> later date.
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]<discuss%[hidden email]>
> Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
> *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
>



--
This Apt Has Super Cow Powers - http://sourcefreedom.com

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [website][drupal] The Drupal website development update - December 2010

Le 2010-12-21 23:26, Wolf Halton a écrit :

> Michael,
>
> When I look at my own web logs, I see a majority of windows +/- 40%, next
> highest is unknown +/- 20% and third is linux +/- 15
> in that unknown is a (probably) a lot of smartphone action.  I know there
> are a lot of people browsing anonymously, but it would amaze me if that was
> more than 4 or 5 percent of the total,
>
> Maybe I can help with mobile theming that when the time comes.
>
> Wolf Halton
>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Michael Wheatland<
> [hidden email]>  wrote:
>

Hi Wolf:

Feel free to add your name to the list of people interested in helping
out with the Drupal site here
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal/People

You may want to leave a note here that you are interested in helping out
with the mobile theming.

Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***