what can I do for... LibreOffice

Next » 12
Marina Latini-3 Marina Latini-3

what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi all,
I was looking at our friends from Fedora and this page is inspiring:
https://whatcanidoforfedora.org

My two cents,
Marina

--
Marina Latini
IRC: deneb_alpha on Freenode

Biraj Karmakar Biraj Karmakar

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Original version is https://whatcanidoformozilla.org

> My two cents,
> Marina
>
> --
> Marina Latini
> IRC: deneb_alpha on Freenode
> GPG key "ID" 0xF010C774 - DAEC 51E7 4316 5FAE EAE0  F256 3DB8 2837 F010
> C774
> Better use 64-bit 0x3DB82837F010C774 here is why: https://evil32.com/

Thank You

Biraj Karmakar
Twitter :*@birajkarmakar*

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi,

Biraj Karmakar <[hidden email]> wrote on Tue, 2 Oct 2018 11:01:26 +0530:

> Original version ishttps://whatcanidoformozilla.org

FWIW, we reserved the domain name whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org a while
ago, so it could be used :-)

Florian

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

If you guys agree we at www.collective68.tech can work on this pro bono.
What do you think?

Redon Skikuli <[hidden email]> wrote on Tue, 2 Oct 2018 17:11:19 +0200:

> If you guys agree we atwww.collective68.tech  can work on this pro bono.
> What do you think?

thanks a lot for the kind offer! Sounds like a great proposal indeed. :-)

Italo, when is the next marketing call scheduled? Maybe something we can
discuss directly there?

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

> Italo, when is the next marketing call scheduled? Maybe something we can
> discuss directly there?

Next Thursday, October 11, at 2:30PM Berlin Time

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Sounds good. I confirm my participation.

R.S

On 5 Oct 2018 1:38 p.m., "Italo Vignoli" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 05/10/2018 13:36, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>
> > Italo, when is the next marketing call scheduled? Maybe something we can
> > discuss directly there?
>
> Next Thursday, October 11, at 2:30PM Berlin Time
>
> --
> Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
> email [hidden email]
> mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
> hangout/jabber [hidden email]
> The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
> GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
> DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi Redon,

Redon Skikuli <[hidden email]> wrote on Fri, 5 Oct 2018 22:17:29 +0200:

> Sounds good. I confirm my participation.

perfect! :-) Then let's discuss this topic in the call. I try to be
there, but not sure I can make it - Italo and Mike should be around
however :-)

Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]

Bhairavi Parikh Bhairavi Parikh

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi all, I'm a creative copywriter and would like to help out in any way I
can.

Bhairavi.

drodriguez drodriguez

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Before the call I would like to share some preliminary work we have done.
This will help us have a better initial idea of the work:
https://cloud.collective68.tech/s/nEPDzFHYBe9jEmg

Can you also share details about how I can join the call?

Thank you,
*---*

*Redon Skikuli*
*e-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
*web: **www.skikuli.com <http://www.skikuli.com>*

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 2:43 PM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Another good example
>
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

The idea is to work on the document even more once we agree that is worth
the effort. From what I understand this will be decided during the call
tomorrow. That is the moment when more steps will be added :)
*---*

On 10/10/2018 17:53, Redon Skikuli wrote:
> The idea is to work on the document even more once we agree that is
> worth the effort. From what I understand this will be decided during the
> call tomorrow. That is the moment when more steps will be added :)

The concept is interesting, so let's discuss it during the call

Sending connection coordinates in a minute

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber [hidden email]
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0

htietze htietze

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

On our Get Involved page we list some other categories for contribution (QA, documentation, marketing). We talked about this site recently as it is not welcoming. Speaking of design it is not clear to novices what that means (QA/BZ work with focus on UI/UX, proposals and mockups for improvements, definition of requirements and guidelines, icons design, creation/selection of images for various parts in the program, templates etc.), and that we have work for everyone. I think that has to become clear. Another idea was to show the picture of the contact person.

On 10/10/18 1:25 PM, Redon Skikuli wrote:

> Before the call I would like to share some preliminary work we have done.
> This will help us have a better initial idea of the work:
> https://cloud.collective68.tech/s/nEPDzFHYBe9jEmg
>
> Can you also share details about how I can join the call?
>
> Thank you,
> *---*
>
> *Redon Skikuli*
> *e-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
> *web: **www.skikuli.com <http://www.skikuli.com>*
>

> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 2:43 PM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Another good example
>>
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Is this the page for getting involved
https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/ ?
*---*

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

On 11/10/2018 16:11, Redon Skikuli wrote:

> Is this the page for getting involved
> https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/ ?

Yes, that's the one. The goal is to show that people can get involved
with just a few steps (rather than reading walls of text). But there are
many improvements we can make, for sure, or possibly even redirect to
whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org one day, if we get it set up...

Mike

Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Dear Bhairavi,
creative copy is much needed not only for this project, but also in many
other projects related to marketing of LibreOffice. Let's follow up on this
if the microsite moves forward.
Are you going to be on the marketing call?

*---*

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 11:07 AM Bhairavi Parikh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm a creative copywriter and would like to help out in any way I
> can.
>
> Bhairavi.
>
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2018, 13:13 Florian Effenberger, <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Redon,
>>
>> Redon Skikuli <[hidden email]> wrote on Fri, 5 Oct 2018 22:17:29
>> +0200:
>>
>> > Sounds good. I confirm my participation.
>>
>> perfect! :-) Then let's discuss this topic in the call. I try to be
>> there, but not sure I can make it - Italo and Mike should be around
>> however :-)
>>
>> Florian
>>
>> --
>> Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
>> Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]
>> The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
>> Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>> Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

Bhairavi Parikh Bhairavi Parikh

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hey Redon,

Thanks, I will be happy to collaborate on projects. When is the call? Sorry
I've forgotten. :)

Across projects, for the copy to be effective, it'd be great if someone
took on the role of Creative Director.
Also could we have a tech person on board to read through drafts for
accuracy?

B.

On 13/10/2018 10:41, Bhairavi Parikh wrote:

> Across projects, for the copy to be effective, it'd be great if someone
> took on the role of Creative Director.
> Also could we have a tech person on board to read through drafts for
> accuracy?

Communities work in a different way from companies, so there won't be
any creative director. Actually, there isn't any director in the entire
project, in any area. In a meritocracy, people are recognized for their
contributions, but are not appointed for the role. The same applies for
the tech person. They will show up if they are interested.

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber [hidden email]
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0

Bhairavi Parikh Bhairavi Parikh

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice