what can I do for... LibreOffice

12 « Prev
Redon Skikuli Redon Skikuli

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

On the link below you can find the proposed main categories of the
microsite:
https://pad.collective68.tech/p/WhatCanIDo_for_LibreOfficemicrosite_texts

As mentioned during the previous marketing call the next steps would be:

   - finalization of the main categories and subcategories;
   - adding content to each page;
   - improvement (or creation) of wiki pages for each page;

Let's work during the next weeks ti finalize the content. Help is much
appreciated.  We are working in parallel for the technical implementation
of the project and will update in the next days.
Thank you,
*---*

*Redon Skikuli*
*e-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
*web: **www.skikuli.com <http://www.skikuli.com>*

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 4:34 PM Greg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FWIW, my 2 cents, $0.02, ...
>
> That link is active since I was able to follow it and my recollection is
> that something very if not exactly it's how I started my involvement with
> marketing.
>
> Clearly it was effective enough for me to respond to however my history is
> such that it's being effective for getting my attention I have had
> difficulty pursuing involvement.
>
> My bad mostly, is what is probably the biggest case, however, I have found
> it very difficult to understand how to proceed each contact that has
> happened.
>
> While it is somewhat embarrassing is that what seems easy for others, I
> find confusing enough so as not to be effectively involved.
>
> What keeps me trying is the projection of friendly attitude and openness
> which allows me to not judge myself too harshly since it seems I am not
> being judged at all. Kudos to all is appropriate, me thinks.
>
> Closing, I was really looking forward to this next conference call but it
> was most reasonably postponed. My own sense was for this particular called
> I was going to get it! Trivial perhaps too many, for me it has been a
> steady concern and effort which I thought might produce a BINGO moment for
> me. It is one of my personal goals, to "grow into" this group of fine
> people.
>
> Now my enthusiasm has grown because I  can learn more about what is on the
> next call's agenda. I am gifted with another week to prepare!
>
> Now all I need to do is show up on time and achieve a technical
> connection....­čśü
>

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018, 10:12 AM Redon Skikuli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is this the page for getting involved
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/ ?
>> *---*
>>
>> *Redon Skikuli*
>> *e-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>*
>> *web: **www.skikuli.com <http://www.skikuli.com>*
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:22 AM Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On our Get Involved page we list some other categories for contribution
>> > (QA, documentation, marketing). We talked about this site recently as
>> it is
>> > not welcoming. Speaking of design it is not clear to novices what that
>> > means (QA/BZ work with focus on UI/UX, proposals and mockups for
>> > improvements, definition of requirements and guidelines, icons design,
>> > creation/selection of images for various parts in the program, templates
>> > etc.), and that we have work for everyone. I think that has to become
>> > clear. Another idea was to show the picture of the contact person.

>> done.

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi Redon,

On 25/10/2018 23:08, Redon Skikuli wrote:

> On the link below you can find the proposed main categories of the
> microsite:
> https://pad.collective68.tech/p/WhatCanIDo_for_LibreOfficemicrosite_texts
>
> As mentioned during the previous marketing call the next steps would be:
>
>    - finalization of the main categories and subcategories;
>    - adding content to each page;
>    - improvement (or creation) of wiki pages for each page;
>
> Let's work during the next weeks ti finalize the content.

Great to see things moving with this. I've added various extra ideas and
links, along with some ways to categorise them (what skills are
required, or how much time). What do you think?

There's still the Design and Translations sections, so I'll leave those
to Heiko and Sophie, but if they're super busy I can think of some other
tasks for those as well.

Cheers,
Mike

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi,

Mike Saunders wrote on 10/26/18 9:11 AM:
> On 25/10/2018 23:08, Redon Skikuli wrote:
>>
>> On the link below you can find the proposed main categories of the
>> microsite:
>> https://pad.collective68.tech/p/WhatCanIDo_for_LibreOfficemicrosite_texts

nice!
I think it is not meant that de lines/items represent a necessary
sequence, isn't it?

> There's still the Design and Translations sections, so I'll leave those

I've added some ideas at marketing and design already

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org

Alex González Alex González

RE: what can I do for... LibreOffice

Hi good day:

I am from Mexico my name is Alejandro Gonzalez and I would like to help them in this project that I think is good for those who can not afford a license.

Well I saw that I can join the team and it seemed like a good idea in the advertising area since I dedicate myself to repairing PCs and many people ask me what office they can use and I think I can help them so that the people who bring me equipment to Repair offers to use Libre office.

Regards