wiki.libreoffice.org

Wheatbix Wheatbix

wiki.libreoffice.org

There has been some discussion about implementing a Product oriented
wiki, rather than community oriented wiki at wiki.libreoffice.org

I feel there is a need to launch this sooner rather than later as
there is little content on the TDF wiki currently directly related to
product troubleshooting/tutorials.
Has anyone started looking at implementation yet? If not would anyone
mind if I had a look at it?

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland

sophi sophi

Re: wiki.libreoffice.org

Hi Michael,
On 06/02/2011 06:17, Michael Wheatland wrote:
> There has been some discussion about implementing a Product oriented
> wiki, rather than community oriented wiki at wiki.libreoffice.org
>
> I feel there is a need to launch this sooner rather than later as
> there is little content on the TDF wiki currently directly related to
> product troubleshooting/tutorials.
> Has anyone started looking at implementation yet? If not would anyone
> mind if I had a look at it?

Florian asked Manuel Schneider to help for the migration into native
language domains for the wiki. We should have xx.libreoffice.wiki.org
(or something like that) where xx is a language code. Just like in
wikipedia.
Manuel should be busy currently with delivering the last mediawiki
version. But then he will help with the migration.
Currently, all the native lang communities are working on writing
documentation, FAQ, support in various ways, I guess also some marketing
material. But as long as we do this inside our category, I don't think
that should not be an issue for the migration.
That said, no problem for you to start looking at the implementation,
I'm sure Florian and Manuel will need help when they will work on it.

Florian message some time ago:
<http://go.mail-archive.com/W48tIAtzkhyN4musXCa_REcKvis=>

Kind regards
Sophie

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: wiki.libreoffice.org

Hi,

Sophie Gautier wrote on 2011-02-06 06.15:
> Florian asked Manuel Schneider to help for the migration into native
> language domains for the wiki. We should have xx.libreoffice.wiki.org
> (or something like that) where xx is a language code. Just like in
> wikipedia.

indeed. Manuel proposed to wait until MediaWiki 1.17 is released and is
in the public for a few days, and then use this as a basis to start. So,
stay tuned, shouldn't take too long anymore. :-)

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108