wiki migration

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

wiki migration

Hello,

thanks to the amazing work of Manuel, our wiki has been updated to
MediaWiki 1.17. Currently, only the TDF wiki has been migrated, but the
multi-language LibO wiki will be available soon as well.

We're not completely done with the migration, so some elements like the
WYSIWYG editor or the uploadable file types are missing at the moment,
but we will finish that soon.

Since not all anti-spam measurements are in effect right now, please
watch carefully for new spam pages and block the respective users.

In case you find any mistakes or errors in the new wiki, please let us know.

This migration provides a good platform for future enhancements and also
for the extensions people have been asking for.

Thanks a lot to Manuel for his great work!

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: wiki migration

Florian,

2011/10/30 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> thanks to the amazing work of Manuel, our wiki has been updated to
> MediaWiki 1.17. Currently, only the TDF wiki has been migrated, but the
> multi-language LibO wiki will be available soon as well.
>
> We're not completely done with the migration, so some elements like the
> WYSIWYG editor or the uploadable file types are missing at the moment, but
> we will finish that soon.
>
> Since not all anti-spam measurements are in effect right now, please watch
> carefully for new spam pages and block the respective users.
>
> In case you find any mistakes or errors in the new wiki, please let us
> know.
>
> This migration provides a good platform for future enhancements and also
> for the extensions people have been asking for.
>
> Thanks a lot to Manuel for his great work!

Thank you Manuel, Florian, and all the team!

Best,
Charles.

Korrawit Pruegsanusak Korrawit Pruegsanusak

Re: wiki migration

Hello Florian, all!

First of all, thanks every contributors :D

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 04:54, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> In case you find any mistakes or errors in the new wiki, please let us know.

Anyway, I found that some core images are not loaded. Please see the
example at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:RBd/Workbench/Draft2#Who_we_are
at the header row of the table. There should be "sort_none.gif" loaded
from http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/skins/common/images/sort_none.gif
but it curretly gives 403 Forbidden. IMHO the directory
permissions or maybe .htaccess is wrong, if any.

Best Regards,
--
Korrawit Pruegsanusak

Korrawit Pruegsanusak Korrawit Pruegsanusak

Re: wiki migration

Hello Florian, *

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 19:15, Korrawit Pruegsanusak
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Florian, all!
>
> First of all, thanks every contributors :D
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 04:54, Florian Effenberger
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> In case you find any mistakes or errors in the new wiki, please let us know.

Another thing is that the pages in Special: namespace, such as
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:RecentChanges, have the
header "&lt;vector-namespace-special&gt;". You could see it at almost
top of the page, just below "The Document Foundation Wiki".

Best Regards,
--
Korrawit Pruegsanusak

Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote on 2011-10-31 13:15:

> First of all, thanks every contributors :D

thanks!

> Anyway, I found that some core images are not loaded. Please see the
> example at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:RBd/Workbench/Draft2#Who_we_are
> at the header row of the table. There should be "sort_none.gif" loaded
> from http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/skins/common/images/sort_none.gif
> but it curretly gives 403 Forbidden. IMHO the directory
> permissions or maybe .htaccess is wrong, if any.

Hm, embedding an image with a direct URL sounds wrong. You should upload
the image and then embed it using [[Image:Filename]], e.g.
[[Image:sort_none.gif]].

Can you try?

Thanks,
Florian

Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote on 2011-10-31 16:01:

> Another thing is that the pages in Special: namespace, such as
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:RecentChanges, have the
> header "&lt;vector-namespace-special&gt;". You could see it at almost
> top of the page, just below "The Document Foundation Wiki".

indeed - copying Manuel, our wiki guru, maybe he has a solution. ;-)

Thanks,
Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Manuel Schneider Manuel Schneider

Re: wiki migration

Am 31.10.2011 20:21, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
>> Another thing is that the pages in Special: namespace, such as
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:RecentChanges, have the
>> header "&lt;vector-namespace-special&gt;". You could see it at almost
>> top of the page, just below "The Document Foundation Wiki".
>
> indeed - copying Manuel, our wiki guru, maybe he has a solution. ;-)

fix the skin ;-)

/Manuel
Manuel Schneider

www.wikimedia.ch

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: wiki migration

Hi,

Manuel Schneider wrote on 2011-10-31 20:48:
> fix the skin;-)

it worked so far, IMHO, so what is wrong? ;) Maybe an adaption we need
to make for 1.17? Or did nobody spot the error yet?

Florian

Am 31.10.2011 20:50, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> Manuel Schneider wrote on 2011-10-31 20:48:
>> fix the skin;-)
>
> it worked so far, IMHO, so what is wrong? ;) Maybe an adaption we need
> to make for 1.17? Or did nobody spot the error yet?

there have been changes to the UsabilityInitiative extension, the vector
extension is now standalone and external ressources (JS, CSS files etc.)
must now be loaded using the new RessourceLoader, JQuery is now
integrated into MediaWiki already.

The output looks like a CSS class that is being set by the core.

/Manuel
Manuel Schneider

www.wikimedia.ch

Manuel Schneider wrote on 2011-10-31 20:53:
> there have been changes to the UsabilityInitiative extension, the vector
> extension is now standalone and external ressources (JS, CSS files etc.)
> must now be loaded using the new RessourceLoader, JQuery is now
> integrated into MediaWiki already.
>
> The output looks like a CSS class that is being set by the core.

ah, thanks for the information.
Any volunteers for having a look?

Thanks,
Florian