xbindkeys settings don't work within LibreOffice

zerubbabel zerubbabel

xbindkeys settings don't work within LibreOffice

I have alternate keyboard mappings defined via xbindkeys to make Alt-Up
signal Previous and Alt-Down signal Next page. These do not work within
LibreOffice, while they do work within FireFox, for example. Is there a way
I can get LibreOffice not to override xbindkeys settings? I even tried using
Tools/Customize/Keyboard within LibreOffice to make the same key assignment,
but it doesn't work. I can bind other key combinations to perform those
actions, but not the same combination defined in xbindkeys.